ThinkBroadband speed test

Started by Noreen, Jan 03, 2008, 10:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

So as a BT speed test has been recommended to Monkey can I take it that BT's test is generally thought to be the most reliable?

Gary

Quote from: Noreen on Jan 03, 2008, 13:22:10
So as a BT speed test has been recommended to Monkey can I take it that BT's test is generally thought to be the most reliable?
Since its the stats from this that you give to your ISP I think its probably the best one to use Noreen
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Based on my own use, Noreen, I'd say it was the most consistent and accurate, plus as Gary says, it's the critical one when talking to an ISP. The profile often explains any issues with speed, which is why we ask people to do a BT test if they have a throughout problem.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

TheMonkey

tried using IE last night but it said java plugin wasn't installed which is a dirty lie!!  ::)

will try again but it does look like my internet is running a bit more smoother. would still like to test it though. just in case  ;)
Vrooooooooooom........oh wait. Whats happened?

Rik

The most accurate speed test is still a download from a 'known good' server, with a stopwatch in your hand. :)
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: TheMonkey on Jan 04, 2008, 12:54:39
tried using IE last night but it said java plugin wasn't installed which is a dirty lie!!  ::)

will try again but it does look like my internet is running a bit more smoother. would still like to test it though. just in case  ;)
might be worth reinstalling your java plugin, or checking its listed in IE's advanced tab :-\
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

TheMonkey

i did reinstall it but still no joy. may have a play round later. at work again now so back to the drawingboard tonight  :D
Vrooooooooooom........oh wait. Whats happened?

Rik

That may be your problem. The best time to get a successful BT test is early morning, unfortunately. :(
Rik
--------------------