Stupid port forwarding

Started by mrapoc, Sep 09, 2006, 13:22:21

Previous topic - Next topic

mrapoc

My router WILL NOT allow command and conquer zero hour to work even after manually entering the ports  :-\ Stupid speedtouch 580/580i

Any ideas why even after turning firewall OFF it still continues to block the stuff i allow?? There isn't even a DMZ mode as far as i know  ???

AvengerUK

Errr ive heard things like this about the speedtouch range of routers - there just stubbon! - Even though im getting the new V6 546, im still going to have my current for when it decides not to be a good router ;)

jackmalanak

I'm assuming you are talking about the Router Firewall when you say turning it off makes no difference. Try turning off UPnP on the router if you have it enabled, this has been known to cause problems for some people.
Also depending on what version of firmware you are running it might be worth you having a look here

h**p://www.speedtouch.net.nz/500PublicIPpassthrough_R4.3.htm
It might just be what you're looking for.

Never had any problems Port Forwarding with my old 510v4 and my newer 585 is just as friendly.

jackmalanak

Jeff

Try this Run pfconfig from the banner at the top and the rest is self explanitory :)

mrapoc

jack
trying your guide for dmz mode
i get to step 4 and there isnt anything to edit, it says
Internet Service             Device   
Internet                Not assigned and no compatible device found

jackmalanak

mrapoc
I'm working with a Speedtouch 585 here but I've been told this works the same with the earlier 580
When you get to Step 4 is there an Edit link available at all?
I get Device Not assigned under the Device heading but when I click on the blue Edit link it takes me to Step 5 as shown.
Perhaps it's down to firmware, are you using the same or a later Revision as that shown at the top of the walk through.

jackmalanak

mrapoc

i get this which is the same menu etc. and its the latest firmware  :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]

AvengerUK

try posting on adslguide? - Theres always something about the ST546/5xx there

jackmalanak

???
hat's certainly a strange one mrapoc.
As I said earlier I'm using a 585 rather than the 580 so even though the Web Interface looks to be exactly the same I can't be certain that it is.
If when you first enter the Web Interface and click on Home Network then Devices I'm guessing you only see the Speedtouch in the right hand Window. When I do this I see the Speedtouch and it's Lan Address and also this Computer's name and the Lan Address of my Network Card, so obviously I can carry out the next steps without error.
Just out of curiosity do you have your Router physically connected to your PC by patch lead or are you totally wireless. If you are it might be worth trying a patch lead to see if this helps. If it doesn't well I'm practically out of ideas mate.
The only other thing I can think of would be to use one of the very early 580 firmwares as these were based on the 510v4 interface which was totally different to what you are using now. It had a clearly defined option for Virtual Server (DMZ) which worked a treat. Seems a backward step though and who's to say it wouldn't cause other problems.

jackmalanak

mrapoc

looks like ill need to downgrade then

im directly connected via ethernet patch lead