WAP access to forum

Started by Simon, Nov 13, 2007, 19:17:01

Previous topic - Next topic

anz1066

ok Rik, thanks
it`s just that my new mobile phone won`t let me install java games unless it`s through the web.
so i would have to pay to surf and then download directly to my moby. expensive!!!

Rik

No easy way round that I'm afraid. If you could upload by USB or Bluetooth, it would be OK, but most handsets just don't allow that. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

anz1066

i can get the stuff on my phone, but it can`t be installed. apparently you need to input a code to enable java install on the mobile  ???

Rik

Does your carrier have a good support line? That's probably the quickest solution, otherwise if you post details of phone, carrier and application here, someone may be able to help.
Rik
--------------------

anz1066

i`m on Orange, the phone is a Samsung E590

Rik

Let's see if anyone knows that combo - failing which, I've always found the data people at Orange to be very good (they even phone you back on a landline so that they can walk you through the settings). That said, I haven't had to contact them for more than a year...
Rik
--------------------

anz1066

thanks Rik, i think the phone is just out. maybe i can contact Samsung aswell. who knows what they will say

Rik

I'd try Orange first - they do tend to modify the firmware on the phones.
Rik
--------------------

anz1066

good point, i`m not sure if it is actually an orange phone as such.

Rik

It should be branded if it is...
Rik
--------------------

anz1066

normally there is a sticker or label of some sort on it, not on this one though

Rik

Does it show an Orange logo on power up (not the network ID)?
Rik
--------------------

anz1066

i get a welcome message, then it says Orange welcome. once booted, it says Orange on the lower part of the screen

Rik

That sounds like it's branded then.
Rik
--------------------

psp83

Quote from: Rik on Jan 08, 2008, 18:05:56
Let's see if anyone knows that combo - failing which, I've always found the data people at Orange to be very good (they even phone you back on a landline so that they can walk you through the settings). That said, I haven't had to contact them for more than a year...

They still have a data team, got put throu to them the other month when i phoned normal support..

Bloke from the data team answered after i got transfered and asked if i was phoning them or if they was phoning me, i said i was phoning them and he told me to hang up and he will phone me back on a given number, 30 secs later, he phoned back.

Rik

That's the sort of service I've always had, Paul. Knowledgeable and helpful - a bit like IDNet really. :)
Rik
--------------------