posts not getting through

Started by merlin, Jan 08, 2008, 11:07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

merlin

several times lately i've made and sent posts ,but they don't appear on the forum. so where do they go ???

i have recently started using a 2wire 2700hgv (not from dodgy dave ) but i think the problem started before the 2wire was installed

of course this is also a test piece, but the one before it went walkabout, it was to do with low energy bulbs

can anyone help ???

thx

merlin

that got through (b****Y ) sods law !!!

so sorry about the double post

Rik

It can't be a common problem, or we'd have a lot of queries on the subject.

What browser are you using? I can't see that a firewall or AV would be getting in the way. What happens after you hit post?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

merlin

HI RIK
IE 6,
i click post , the green dashed line goes across the box bottom left , and thats it

rik can you see if you can find one i sent which was to do with dimmers on low energy bulbs ???
sent not 15 minutes ago or so 

Rik

I've been through the log. I can see you read the thread, but there's no sign of a post being made. After the progress bar, what screen were you taken to?

I'll check with the other staff to see if anyone's got an idea, but everything appears to be normal here. :(
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

OK, I usually use Firefox, but I have opened IE6 to do a test post.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Thanks for trying that, In. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

NP Rik, I wonder if just perhaps merlin hit the Preview Button, I have done that before, and lost what I thought I  had posted... :doh:

Rik

That's why I'm curious about where he is returned to...
Rik
--------------------

Lance

I use IE6 at work, and have never had a problem :/
Lance
_____

merlin

just sent 2 but niether got through.

think i know when it happens, that is when it says in red at the top more posts have been made you may wish to review etc

Rik

In that case, you have to hit Post a second time.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Indeed, that facility is there in case you need to change anything in your post, in line with the latest post that will display before yours.

I hope that makes sense.. ;)

merlin

thats it inactive , post twice, never done that always thought that would double post.

thx to everyone for your help

feel a proper  :-[ :-[ now

Rik

Don't worry, we've all been there. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: merlin1 on Jan 08, 2008, 11:50:22
thats it inactive , post twice, never done that always thought that would double post.

thx to everyone for your help

feel a proper  :-[ :-[ now

No problem, I do things like that every day. ;D

Noreen

merlin, you can turn that facility off in your Profile settings if you wish.

cavillas

Noreen, That can be painful. >:D :hide:
------
Alf :)

Noreen