IDNet maintenance - Saturday, January 12, 2008

Started by Rik, Jan 11, 2008, 17:23:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Please post any problems or comments in this thread. Thanks. :)

(The announcement is here.)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

Is this going to improve things? I can't imagine things could get any better...  ;D

psp83

was going to ask the same.. will we notice anything or is it just to future proof things?

Simon_idnet

I don't think that anyone will notice any difference but you probably would in a few months' time if we did nothing now.

Cheers
Simon

Simon

Simon.
--

Lance

Quote from: Simon on Jan 11, 2008, 21:21:06
Ah, forward planning

It's one of the things we like about IDNet, they don't wait until they have the problem to get it fixed, but rather prevent the problem in the first place!
Lance
_____

Simon

Simon.
--

tigermad

I am having a few problems to certain website like IMDB and AVforums, but maybe its something my end?

Rik

I can't get to the BBC, ThinkBroadband, Digital Spy, PC Pals, but I can get to Nationwide, DigiGuide, Sky Sports. I've just queried whether that's what Simon means by anomalies.
Rik
--------------------

tigermad

Quote from: Rik on Jan 12, 2008, 10:28:39
I can't get to the BBC, ThinkBroadband, Digital Spy, PC Pals, but I can get to Nationwide, DigiGuide, Sky Sports. I've just queried whether that's what Simon means by anomalies.

Hi

None of those work for me either.

Rik

I've just noticed we've never welcomed you properly to the forum, very remiss of us. Have a karma.  :)  :welc: :karmic:
Rik
--------------------

tigermad

Thanks Rik  :)

I love IDNET, best ISP I have ever had. I dont mind a little down time on certain sites for maintenance, its not the end of the world.

Ann

Well I'm not happy.  I've just been kicked off and reconnected at a synch rate of 6688.. I was at 8096.  I do hope this isn't going to be permanent.

Rik

That's nothing to do with the maintenance work, Ann, they are working 'internally', so it will have had no effect on your connection to the exchange. It could be BT work, or a bad burst of noise.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: tigermad on Jan 12, 2008, 10:34:17
I dont mind a little down time on certain sites for maintenance, its not the end of the world.

Even better, it's not so much maintenance as upgrade. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Wingnutz

I'm not getting the BBC either or liverpoolfc.tv. Skysports tempremental.

That's all i've tried so far.

Mike

derval

michaelh

Quote from: Ann on Jan 12, 2008, 10:41:21
Well I'm not happy.  I've just been kicked off and reconnected at a synch rate of 6688.. I was at 8096.  I do hope this isn't going to be permanent.

I've just been kicked off and had to reconnect too. I am finding many sites inaccessible. I believe it's down to IDNet.

Michael
Michael

www.michaelhoward.me.uk/gallery

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Jan 12, 2008, 10:42:40
That's nothing to do with the maintenance work, Ann, they are working 'internally', so it will have had no effect on your connection to the exchange. It could be BT work, or a bad burst of noise.

Just lost my DSL connection as well, about 3/4 minutes.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Ardua

Would it not possible to e-mail customers where planned maintenance is being carried out? It would avoid the 'is the router, the ISP or BT' question that immediately comes to mind when internet access is lost.  ???

Rik

That seems a few too many to be a coincidence, In, yet the work that's being done shouldn't cause a re-sync for anyone. I'll see if I can get any more info.
Rik
--------------------

J!ll

Quote from: michaelh on Jan 12, 2008, 10:46:54
I've just been kicked off and had to reconnect too. I am finding many sites inaccessible. I believe it's down to IDNet.

Michael

Me too  :(

Rik

Quote from: Ardua on Jan 12, 2008, 10:48:52
Would it not possible to e-mail customers where planned maintenance is being carried out? It would avoid the 'is the router, the ISP or BT' question that immediately comes to mind when internet access is lost.  ???

Notices were placed here and on ThinkBroadband yesterday, however there's nothing on the IDNet website which is, perhaps, an oversight.

I'll mention the email suggestion.
Rik
--------------------

Phil123

I can't get to quite a few websites or Purple Cloud's email servers.

Inactive

Just had a look out of my window, no Openreach vans at my " local " ;D exchange.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.