Cross wires/ITS good to back

Started by old Bill, Jan 25, 2008, 10:51:29

Previous topic - Next topic

old Bill

Lost my service to Enta this morning. After a few phones call to Idnet and Vivaciti it looks like some one messed up some ware as I had lost all service. Still all is back up and running now and my speeds are a LOT higher with IDnet. And with out going in to details it is better for my pocket using a reseller. ;D

old Bill

Just trying to find who I need to pay now. IDnet telling me its Vivaciti and Vivaciti telling me I pay IDnet. Why cant life be simple ?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

old Bill

Just had Tim on the phone looks like its been a giant ---- up this morning. The package on my account is priced incorrectly and I pay IDnet. So at least that is sorted out.

Rik

So you're actually paying normal IDNet prices then?
Rik
--------------------

old Bill

Yes when I logged in to my account on Idnet is said R package 30 gig £22.49. But having spoken to Tim he said that it was a mistake.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Welcome, Bill. I just hope you're happy here. :)

old Bill

WOW. Its 9.30 and I am getting over 5 meg. I forgot the net could be so fast at this time of night. ;D

Sebby

Indeed. Welcome to an ISP that is consistently good.  8)

Philip

Quote from: old Bill on Jan 25, 2008, 21:33:14
WOW. Its 9.30 and I am getting over 5 meg. I forgot the net could be so fast at this time of night. ;D

great news Bill :)

old Bill

I am going to frame this. :)

Edit: Link fixed

Sebby

It didn't come out, Bill.

But I'm glad you're happy. Long may it last. :)

old Bill

Sebby

old Bill

Strange just run speed test.net on my laptop running Vista Ultimate. Had pings of 98. Just run the test on my good old Mac and it back down to the 20s

Sebby

Vista's networking is certainly strange. I get similar results here (i.e. XP is normal and Vista can vary).

old Bill

Thinking about it my coming back to Idnet was super quick. I emailed my reseller Tuesday night and by Thursday I am back. If I had gone direct to IDnet with a Mac code it would have taken 7 days.

Lance

I think BT are taking on average 3 days to complete migrations at the moment, although one or two have been quicker!
Lance
_____

Sebby

Quote from: old Bill on Jan 26, 2008, 00:05:28
Thinking about it my coming back to Idnet was super quick. I emailed my reseller Tuesday night and by Thursday I am back. If I had gone direct to IDnet with a Mac code it would have taken 7 days.

Not my experience, Bill. Three days is not uncommon!