Eclipse, Throttling and should I move to IDNet?

Started by kerrso05, Jan 23, 2008, 02:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

I think, as already said by Ann, the confusion is not about whether the user name can be changed after connection, but whether the username can be selected at sign up. :)
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

JB

Quote from: Lance on Jan 30, 2008, 08:27:13
I think, as already said by Ann, the confusion is not about whether the user name can be changed after connection, but whether the username can be selected at sign up. :)

Honestly Lance, it can. I did it last week when I migrated. I got the user name I wanted and I have never spoken to anyone at Newnet at all.

I can't recall the exact web page of the sign-up procedure it was on but it was there. It offered my phone number as the user name but allowed me to change it to a unique name of my choice.

HTH.

Regards,

JB.
JB

'Keyboard not detected ~ Press F1 to continue'

Si

Quote from: kerrso05 on Jan 30, 2008, 01:29:37
Are there some people getting confused by Username and Password?........just a thought!!!  ???

No, I got the option to choose a user name when I signed up to IDNet online last Friday. The choice is only available at sign-up I believe - now I'm in there certainly isn't any option to change username, but that username is the one I chose on application. How recent the option to choose your own name on sign-up is I don't know.
Simon

For the avoidance of confusion I'm not THAT Simon, or the OTHER Simon. :)

Rik

I've never seen an option to change the username, Harry, but I signed up over the phone.
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

I joined (online) last July and was able to choose my username then.

Rik

That was the old website, Noreen, I wonder if things have changed now?
Rik
--------------------

Ann

Quote from: Rik on Jan 28, 2008, 19:18:06
IDNet has a foible in it's billing system. Regardless of the date in the month on which you join, you pay for a full month and get a full month's allowance, so joining in the last few days is generally unwise.

I don't understand why you think it's unwise.  You make it sound as though you pay for a full month for the last few days of the month only.  You don't.  I signed up on the 27th August and paid for a month until the 27th September.  I got a full 30 gigs to use in August and then another 30 gigs to use in September.  So what is the perceived problem?

Malc

I quite like the idea of using my phone no, it's a lot easier than the one pipex tiscalli, whoever, gave me.

Still what do you expect from some 2 bit company.

Malc

Quote from: Ann on Jan 30, 2008, 13:32:25
I don't understand why you think it's unwise.  You make it sound as though you pay for a full month for the last few days of the month only.  You don't.  I signed up on the 27th August and paid for a month until the 27th September.  I got a full 30 gigs to use in August and then another 30 gigs to use in September.  So what is the perceived problem?

I didn't even thinlk about it, I just got my MAC the second my contract was up. Get out at any expense (as long as not to pipex)

Rik

Quote from: Ann on Jan 30, 2008, 13:32:25
So what is the perceived problem?

As it's been explained to me, Ann, you pay from when you join. If you join, say, on the 15th, then you have the rest of the month to use your allowance. From the 1st of the following months, you get your allowance for the calendar month. If, therefore, you were to have a heavy month in the second, or subsequent months, there would be no 'rollover' from the first partial month, whatever day you pay, the charging period is still from the 1st. It isn't going to affect most people, but on occasion, it might leave someone feeling they have paid for something they haven't received.
Rik
--------------------

Ann

Oh.. I saw it as a bonus.. getting extra in the first month.  Maybe you should describe it that way in future.  :)

Rik

;D

Nice thought - you should be in marketing. :)
Rik
--------------------