Upgrading to NTE5

Started by godedd, Feb 05, 2008, 21:27:35

Previous topic - Next topic

godedd

Exchange is all green.  Will try another test tomorrow then contact support. Night all.

Sebby

Okay, so something strange is going on, unless it's just a little hiccup. Let us know what happens tomorrow, and don't hesitate to contact IDNet; they're very helpful. :)

I may do the same and call it a night!

godedd

Still not much better -

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  7936 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2346 kbps

Have submitted a ticket to falconnet.

Rik

Quote from: godedd on Feb 06, 2008, 17:19:39
Have submitted a ticket to falconnet.

?

I thought you were with IDNet?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

godedd

I am via falconnet which is an idnet reseller-

www.falconnet.co.uk

Rik

AAMOI, what made you go with them as you're paying the same as you would as an IDNet 'direct' customer? (Feel free not to answer, I'm just curious. :))
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Don't know why, I always though IDNet were like Kelloggs's - if it doesn't say IDNet on the box, then it isn't IDNet IN the box.

Not very often I'm right, but I was obviously wrong again  >:(

Rik

I know of two re-sellers now, the other being Vivaciti. I'm not sure what the benefits are though.
Rik
--------------------

godedd

AAMOI???

Heard good reviews about their customer service and support (not that I doubt IDnet's).  A friend also referred me so we each got a bit of a brucie bonus!  

Rik

AAMOI - as a matter of interest :)

Saves the old fingers a bit of typing.

Do you get the whole IDNet package, eg the umlimited email addresses - the Falconnet site seemed to imply you only got one.
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 06, 2008, 17:45:08
I know of two re-sellers now, the other being Vivaciti. I'm not sure what the benefits are though.

Well I never knew that - and I was looking at Vivaciti as an alternative a while ago. Strange world.

Is it widely publicised? All the entanet resellers pretty much state that they are quite clearly - can't remember seeing it anywhere on the Vivaciti site.....

godedd

I can login to the customer control panel on the idnet site with my login.  Get full access to the CP for unlimited e-mail, bandwidth stats etc.

Rik

Thanks, useful to know. :)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I can only see the point being for IDNet to get more customers, but as far as the customer is concerned, I see no benefit.

Lance

I agree Sebby. I much prefer to deal direct rather than through a middle man. I imagine that IDNet themselves prefer it direct though, as they won't have to pay a 'finders fee' or whatever benefit to the reseller. I guess that because IDNet used to be smaller, it was a good way of boosting business.
Lance
_____

Inactive

I guess it is because Enta Resellers are actually losing business by using Enta due to speed issues, so are switching to IDNet because of this.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

That would be a sensible thing for them to do, In. You could well be right!
Lance
_____

Rik

It can't be a coincidence that we are suddenly hearing of IDNet resellers and both are also Enta resellers, I feel.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Indeed Rik, but why anyone would use a reseller to get IDNet service at extra cost than using IDNet directly baffles belief.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

From what I could see, In, the package prices are the same as we pay - so IDNet are, effectively paying the resellers, but I'm not sure what they get in return.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Fair enough Rik, but I would still prefer to deal directly with the supplier.

On the other hand, perhaps one of us should start up as an IDNet Reseller and pass on the discount.. ;D

Rik

I'm all for direct dealing as well, In. It seems to me that resellers are just taking profit from IDNet, particularly if customers can go straight to IDNet support. :(

Perhaps the forum should become a reseller!  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

I wonder, do these resellers have their own forums?

If not, should we be giving their customers help on here?, this is after all IDNetters.

Rik

Falconnet appear to have, In. Ultimately, though, the forum is available to anyone, customer or not. ;)
Rik
--------------------