Users seeming to be coming to IDNet..........need we be concerned ?

Started by Dont mention Talk Talk !!, Jan 30, 2008, 20:21:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Basically to me an ISP is just another service, if I find that IDNet no longer provides I will be off as well but I think as many have said the ethos is to keep the place as is but also to keep ahead of growing needs, this you get with smaller ISP's the larger ones never spend so much in upkeep but offer innovation at the price of capacity, they just want revenue and that always comes first from the ones I have been with, I mean how many ISP's have such effective spam filtering as IDNet? Orange had mail antivirus and spam filtering but it didn't actually do much, its in a smaller companies interests to make sure things really work smoothly, after all they have more to lose.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

IDNet is my 17th ISP, Ann. The first 14 were dial-up, IDNet is my third ADSL ISP. I accept that things can and do change, but my gut feeling with Simon and Tim is that they are not likely to sell up in the foreseeable future, they are much too involved personally with the day-to-day running of the business to walk away. I just hope I'm right. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Feb 03, 2008, 09:57:03
IDNet is my 17th ISP, Ann. The first 14 were dial-up, IDNet is my third ADSL ISP. I accept that things can and do change, but my gut feeling with Simon and Tim is that they are not likely to sell up in the foreseeable future, they are much too involved personally with the day-to-day running of the business to walk away. I just hope I'm right. :)
I have to agree with you Rik, I think as they are so much involved with the running of IDNet, rather than the faceless monsters whom you can never pin down in many big ISP's. I hope I am right in believing also that as long as that personal touch and insight continues the service and reliability we have come to enjoy so much will continue ;D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Sebby

Quote from: Ann on Feb 03, 2008, 01:56:33
I don't know but I've been with several ISPs that weren't going to get bought out and then did that I tend to be sceptical.. that's all.  In ISP issues I'm a realist.

Fair enough. I'm quite hopeful that the story at IDNet is different, but - like you say - if things ever did go downhill, it's easy to move.

Noreen

I tend to agree with Ann although I'm an eternal optimist. When I started with my previous ISP f2s it was also run by two brothers and it was just like IDNet is now however they were offered the chance to become multi-millionaires and that was that. IDNet is ideal for me at the moment and I'm trusting that it will stay that way. :)

Rik

It's all any of us can do, Noreen. If a potential buyer were to read this forum, they'd also realise that they would need to maintain the standards or they wouldn't have us as a customer base.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

If a potential buyer were to read this forum, we'd probably scare them off anyway!  ;D
Simon.
--

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 03, 2008, 11:52:17
If a potential buyer were to read this forum, they'd also realise that they would need to maintain the standards or they wouldn't have us as a customer base.

That's the good thing about not being tied in for 12 or 18 months. The ISP has to keep the standards up, or face customers leaving in droves.

IDNet is my third ISP (second ADSL provider) and by far the best, and I have to say that as long as it carries on as it is, then I'm staying put 8)

Rik

Quote from: Simon on Feb 03, 2008, 11:55:22
If a potential buyer were to read this forum, we'd probably scare them off anyway!  ;D

Good point.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: madasahatter on Feb 03, 2008, 12:01:08
IDNet is my third ISP (second ADSL provider) and by far the best, and I have to say that as long as it carries on as it is, then I'm staying put 8)

I think we all feel pretty much the same, and we know that IDNet know that. :)
Rik
--------------------

Malc

MoHux

Quote from: Sebby on Feb 03, 2008, 11:24:37
Fair enough. I'm quite hopeful that the story at IDNet is different, but - like you say - if things ever did go downhill, it's easy to move.

We would have to organise a customer buy-out!!  :solved: :yes:

Mo

:happy:
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Sebby

madasahatter

MoHux

"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

madasahatter

Quote from: MoHux on Feb 05, 2008, 00:46:42
TWO!! Capitalist!  :laugh:

;D

tut - who let the riff raff into the forum - call the militia!!!!!!

;D

Rik

It's an interesting thought though. Extending the concept, IDNet could offer shares in the company to customers...
Rik
--------------------

DeViTTo

Quote from: Rik on Feb 05, 2008, 10:01:47
It's an interesting thought though. Extending the concept, IDNet could offer shares in the company to customers...

It would be a good idea to have a coop isp, so to speak, in the future thats what may well be needed with all the small isp's being bought out.

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

Lance
_____

Rik

I do too, Lance. It's a way of us putting our money where our mouths are, but also sharing in the success of the company. It would also make it, potentially, harder for a Tiscali to buy the company.
Rik
--------------------

DeViTTo

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 05, 2008, 13:22:02
I like it, we could have a " divi "..  ;)

I dont think we need any of them, you can find em on other networks lol  ;D

Ann

LOL.. wasn't anyone else in the Ezesurf buy up of days long gone.  They sold shares instead of asking for a monthly subscription.  A £39 one off fee got us 24/7 dial up.  Excellent service comparatively speaking and it was fun talking about how long we thought they were going to last.  Seven months later they went bust but I think I got my money's worth.  But I'm still waiting for my share certificate to arrive in the post  :rofl: 

bob_s

Now thats a funny ;D  Good to know you at least got some service out of them.

I have to agree with thoughts above, idnet are an impressive isp both for customer services and quality of package.

I just hope they manage to keep making enough good money so the thought or ability of idnet being swallowed up by the likes of (the unmentionable) can never happen.

plugwash

Quote from: Dont mention Talk Talk !! on Jan 30, 2008, 20:39:13
reside, imagine an influx of these sorts came thru IDNet`s doors  :getout:
IDNET is explicit about it's traffic limits, that means any of those types who do come are either going to have to change thier ways or pay ££££ for thier actions.