Started by David, Feb 05, 2008, 00:17:22

Previous topic - Next topic

cavillas

QuoteI've got a strange sense of humour

We know. >:D
------
Alf :)

Rik

It doesn't quite read the same without the italics, does it? :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cavillas

Still funny though.  We love you really Rik. :kiss:
------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Malc

Rik, you saying you love yourself ;)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Malc

Rik

Alf is the bedrock of the forum. :)
Rik
--------------------

Malc

David

Its here.that must be a record for tiscali.I did resort to the phone and my mac code was with me in an hour (thats the fastest speed I have ever got)better sign up with you guys now.whoops,I'm beginning :o to feel free already
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Malc

Makes you wonder if they are finally accepting the fact that they are a very very poor ISP, and consigned that people are leaving.

I suppose there are more gullable people for them.

cavillas

It will be nice to greet you when you finally get here.  Have you got a sense of humour?  Oh yes you must have you were with Tiscali >:D ;D
------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Well its done 15th of Feb at 6pm,with advice to reconfigure my router,
Can anyone just run through what I need to do now.

I'm nearly moved.

Do I just put the numbers into my router or will it find the address,or should I call Bill Gates (or the Samaritans)remember where I am used to dealing with.

Got my new  email address and I assume will just change the contacts etc.anything I should watch out for,remember am used to the kind of keyboards with little black ones in the middle.

Thanks any advice would be welcome.
Yes Alf I have a sense of humor,you should hear me play(on second thoughts if you like music you don't want to).
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Hi BPP

You can go to the account login in now, and set up your email accounts, web space,, blog space and photo album, ready for the move.

Your migration will take place before 6pm on the 15th, usually it's done during the small hours, BT use the 6pm to cover themselves. Most people wake up to find they are connected, but there will often be a period of overlap, so just try using the IDNet login details in your router - if you connect, you're amongst us. :)

IDNet recommend you leave the router to automatically pick up both IP address and DNS servers, so there should be no other changes to make.
Rik
--------------------

David

Rik

Glad to help. I should mention that IDNet recommend an MTU of 1500 or 1458, I'd start with 1500 at both router and Windows, and only reduce on Windows if you find the need. :)
Rik
--------------------

Broadback

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Feb 05, 2008, 00:17:22
. thanks and hope this possible newbie will be welcomed here :-\
A bit late here, but, it seems that everyone is welcomed here, even ex Tiscali peeps. A very comfortable forum indeed.
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Sebby

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Feb 06, 2008, 14:56:58
Well its done 15th of Feb at 6pm,with advice to reconfigure my router,
Can anyone just run through what I need to do now.

Great stuff. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the world of IDNet. :)

plugwash

Quote from: The Doctor on Feb 05, 2008, 21:38:51
you won't find a better ISP than IDNet I can assure you
I have a friend on be unlimited, his line syncs at over 10 megabit per second and afaict he is a pretty heavy user and has never run into any form of limiting.

Afaict no ISP using BTs infrastructure can even hope to match that, sadly be don't cover my parents house (which is why i'm in the process of helping them move from pipex who have totally f*cked up our service to IDNET).

Rik

Hi and welcome to the forum, Captain (people of my age will understand :)), have a karma.  :welc: :karmic:
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: plugwash on Feb 21, 2008, 12:15:38
I have a friend on be unlimited, his line syncs at over 10 megabit per second and afaict he is a pretty heavy user and has never run into any form of limiting.

Welcome, I think the Doctor was referring to the service standards at IDNet, more than the speeds.

:welc:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Sebby

Quote from: plugwash on Feb 21, 2008, 12:15:38

Afaict no ISP using BTs infrastructure can even hope to match that, sadly be don't cover my parents house (which is why i'm in the process of helping them move from pipex who have totally f*cked up our service to IDNET).

:welc: :karmic: