BT speed tester

Started by shazzy, Feb 05, 2008, 12:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Broadback

I have been trying to access the BT tester for several years, intermittently, admittedly, never made it yet. Gives me all sorts of excuses, sometimes (rarely)  just sits there saying it is testing!  Mind you I only try it from about 9.0am to 9.0pm, I sure ain't going to allow it to rule my like, O.K.
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Rik

Go on, be a devil, get up at 4am one day. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Broadback

No way Rik, I need my beauty sleep.  Mind you, to be honest, it has not stopped me from being ugly!

Rik

Sleep has never worked miracles on me either. :)
Rik
--------------------

MoHux

Quote from: Broadback on Feb 06, 2008, 11:25:55
I have been trying to access the BT tester for several years ..............................

WOW!!  That's gotta be a record!  You'd think he would give up ...................  :bore::yawn:

:hide2:

"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Malc

Maybe he forgot to  present his MAC and he's still on tiscalli  :-\

Broadback

I did not escape from Tiscali to here, so retract that slur immediately, or I'll,I'll, I nkow I will go to Tiscali, so there then. Anyone seen my rattle, not in my pram any more?

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

I have to admit, I don't often have problems getting onto the speedtest. Makes me wonder whether there are regional servers (I think Rik had this thought a while back too).
Lance
_____

Noreen

Have to say that I've never had a problem using the BT speed tester, just tried again prior to this post and managed to connect OK with the usual short wait after giving my phone number.

Malc

I keep getting error time out messages.

Rik

Quote from: Lance on Feb 06, 2008, 23:17:57
I think Rik had this thought a while back too

I did and do. It's the only way I can make sense of the problems that some people have. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

I have never had a problem using it.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I've had some stutters and stalls, In, but I've always been able to get there eventually, whilst others seem to struggle to ever get a test. There has to be a reason, and location is the only one I can come up with.
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

So do the people who have no problems have something such as location in common, and the same question for those that do have problems?

I have never had a problem with it. I'm on the Bermondsey (CLBER) exchange in London and am about 600m, in a straight line, from the exchange.

Rik

I think those with the most problems tend to be in the north, Noreen, but it's only a feeling, I've never tested it - till now. :)

I'm on the Wolverton exchange.
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Quote from: Rik on Feb 07, 2008, 10:36:28
I think those with the most problems tend to be in the north, Noreen, but it's only a feeling, I've never tested it - till now. :)

Thanks Rik, just what I need to hear.

Us poor Northerners. :pat:

Rik

Whereabouts are you, Malc. It's always seemed to be a problem for people in Cumbria, Northumbria, NI and parts of Scotland from casual observation.
Rik
--------------------

Malc

North west Manchester, between Bolton and Wigan

Rik

Far enough north of Watford, Malc. :) I think I'll start a dedicated thread on this...
Rik
--------------------

Broadback

H'm, another North of the Watford Gap syndrome I guess. Where Southerers fear to tread. Pigeons, cloth caps and outside toilets petrify them!

Ann

Quote from: Broadback on Feb 07, 2008, 16:14:52
Where Southerers fear to tread. Pigeons, cloth caps and outside toilets petrify them!

MoHux

Speaking of outside toilets;

Quote"Finland's residents now face being caught short during car trips if their phones are out of credit, because the country's road management agency has introduced an SMS entry system for public toilets.

Called the SMS Lock System, users must text "OPEN" to a number shown on the door of various toilets and shower rooms along Highway One in Paimio and Salo, near Turku, where the texting service began operating earlier this month".

I can see yobs having great fun dialing those numbers and peeping round the corner!!  To say nothing if your battery runs out!  ::)

;D

"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."