Leaving Idnet!

Started by Azazel, Feb 06, 2008, 13:23:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Azazel

Well it has been a really good time with IDnet but I am leaving for different pastures, giving the £18 a month Be* unlimited a go, by my line stats i should get between 10 and 14mb ish from their line which isnt that bad.

I would recommend IDnet to anyone for sure but im finding that i just cant afford to keep paying out the £35 a month for the premium service anymore, Im not gonna leave you all alone however i will be keeping in touch to tell you all how good or bad it is on Be*

Rik

Good luck with the move, I hope you get the results you want. We won't hold your IP address against you, so don't be a stranger. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Azazel

well you never know it may well be that I do a boomerang move back if the service is cr*p its only a 3 month contract so thats not too bad.

Rik

Obviously, we're sorry to see anyone leave, but IDNet isn't going to be the best option in every case. At least you have omething to judge BE by. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Good luck with the move..

Call in and let us know how it goes.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Malc

Good luck, are tiscalli buying BE yet?

More Bandwidth for ME  ;D

Inactive

Quote from: Malc on Feb 06, 2008, 14:23:13

More Bandwidth for ME  ;D

No, but I did read somewhere that BE are losing money, so who knows...
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Malc

;D  ;D  ;D

ID may be a little dearer, but, you get what you pay for

Rik

Quote from: Malc on Feb 06, 2008, 14:23:13

O2 own them, don't they?
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Isn't O2 owned by BT?

This is becomeing bad news, maybe he'll stay

Rik

No, BT sold O2 a while back - I think it's owned by a Spanish company now.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

No, BE is owned by the biggest robbers in the whole of Europe, none less than the Spanish Telefonica, that charge their Spanish customers a whopping 40+ Euro's a month for a diabolical service.

cavillas

Its the Spanish Tiscali. >:D
------
Alf :)

Inactive

It's actually the Spanish BT, but with a total disregard for EU Rules, they just pay the billion Euro fines each year and carry on robbing people.

They can afford to at 40+ Euro's a month. ;)

Malc

Enjoy your new ISP.

I'm staing here ;D

Sebby

Good luck with the move. I don't doubt it'll be faster, but I've learnt that customer service is just as important, so I hope you're not disappointed. :)

Simon

Best of luck, and keep in touch! 
Simon.
--

Lance

Hope you get a nice fast connection! I wish I could get 8mb, never mind 14!!!
Lance
_____

Simon

Don't forget, it's **up to** 14Mb!  ;)
Simon.
--

Inactive

How about these figures then Simon, lifted from DSLZone;

ISP =UK Online; Sync Speed 22528;  Result Speed = 1386

Makes one cringe somewhat. ;)

Lance

Indeed it does, In. Ouch!  ;D
Lance
_____

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 06, 2008, 14:55:06
It's actually the Spanish BT, but with a total disregard for EU Rules, they just pay the billion Euro fines each year and carry on robbing people.

They can afford to at 40+ Euro's a month. ;)
For such a robber In, since O2 are owned by them they have the cheapest data roaming rates for Europe, and the same with call roaming rates, and if you are in Spain you don't pay roaming charges using the O2 network at all. Be is owned my them but left to manage itself as such giving it as much autonomy as possible, the O2 broadband package is leased off the be network and since its a LLU operating ADSL2+ the maximum be package is up to 24meg, with a upload of over 1 meg on all packages including the O2 8meg version for longer lines, the O2 offering actually gets very good reviews on thinkbroadband, and on many other places on the net, so for being the biggest robber in Europe they offer some good options it appears. ;)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Azazel

Your ISP is only a MAC code away from changing at anytime, and as its only a partial unbundling (voice still provided by BT) i can change to any other ISP that will accept an LLU MAC (which is most of the decent ones that i would want to goto) short contract term with less money per month and from what i have read on the official and unofficial Be* forums they have very good customer service, had to call them over a problem with my order, free phone number and picked up in 5 rings and very freindly helpful staff there.

No it wont be the personal touch and great service from IDnet but its acceptable for the reduced service charge, to be honest in 18 months with IDnet i have called support twice. Anyway i will see how it goes, so far im scheduled for 14th of Feb for activation.

Inactive

Quote from: Killhippie on Feb 07, 2008, 07:09:00
For such a robber In, since O2 are owned by them they have the cheapest data roaming rates for Europe, and the same with call roaming rates, and if you are in Spain you don't pay roaming charges using the O2 network at all.

News to me Gary, I can never find their actual charges on the O2 website anyway.  I have a Moviestar PAYG Mobile Phone, also owned by Telefonica, their latest ploy is to charge for the previously free balance texts at 15 cents a go. >:(

Gary

My wife travels a lot In, "For a £5 monthly fee, roaming customers will no longer pay for incoming calls.

O2's move will initially apply only in Spain, the home territory of its owner Telefonica, but will roll out across the rest of Europe next year.

The decision comes as the European Union continues to press mobile firms to cut roaming costs.

This was in 2006 not sure how much it costs now, but you revive calls in Spain for free and make them for 25p which is not a bad offer, she just puts it on her tariff when going away :)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't