Do you have problems with the BT speed tester - or not?

Started by Rik, Feb 07, 2008, 11:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Thanks, Drummer. It seems like Londoners are doing best.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

colirv

Well I've just posted this and it appears to have vanished in the ether, so here goes again. I'm in Washington, Tyne & Wear, and the BT speed tester usually works fine in IE7, never in Firefox 2.0.
Colin

MoHux

I am in Brixham, Torbay, S.Devon.  Using IE7 - 570 mtrs from the exchange - No Problems (but with all you others trying, it says "busy, try later", at the moment!).  ;D

;)
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

Quote from: colirv on Feb 07, 2008, 17:00:41
Well I've just posted this and it appears to have vanished in the ether, so here goes again. I'm in Washington, Tyne & Wear, and the BT speed tester usually works fine in IE7, never in Firefox 2.0.

Were you using the QR box or the normal reply, Colin?
Rik
--------------------

colirv

Colin

Rik

Er, silly question, I know, but you did hit Post, didn't you. I know that I haven't a few times, as I can see the messages and think I must have posted (from using the normal reply screen in the past).
Rik
--------------------

RA-1972

Mohux you live just down the road from me really m8 well about 10 miles . (newton abbot)

Dopamine

I'm in Horsham, West Sussex. Migrated from Pipex to IDNet 7 days ago.

With Pipex I could nearly always get a successful test, with IDNet I can only get successful tests during the early hours of the morning, except for two successes at around 8pm.

Have also noticed that my peak time speeds with IDNet are a lot lower than they were with Pipex, which is a bit of a shock, although IDNet's absence of traffic shaping has improved my browsing experience.

Rik

What was your profile for IDNet, compared to Pipex?

It could be you are on a congested VP, of course, or possibly you need to tweak MTU?
Rik
--------------------

Dopamine

Quote from: Rik on Feb 07, 2008, 18:40:38
What was your profile for IDNet, compared to Pipex?

It could be you are on a congested VP, of course, or possibly you need to tweak MTU?

Stable line, profile 7150 on both Pipex and IDNet, noise margin 8db down, 24db up, attenuation 28db down, 16db up.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Dopamine

Pipex was around 6mb, IDNet at peak times is between 1.8mb - 4mb.

Rik

That's bad - and unusual in my experience. Do a few BT tests and let support have the results. I'm sure they'd want to find out why that's happening (my immediate thought, though, is congested VP at the exchange).
Rik
--------------------

kerrso05

I had no problem with BT Speed tester yesterday............I was able to complete two speed tests but not today.................none.............I tried twice and both failed  :(
Probably too many people using it
Harry
Bangor, Northern Ireland

Mr Booh

Hi, North Essex........... Tester works eventually............... IE7 :)

colirv

Quote from: Rik on Feb 07, 2008, 17:51:43
Er, silly question, I know, but you did hit Post, didn't you. I know that I haven't a few times, as I can see the messages and think I must have posted (from using the normal reply screen in the past).

Possibly not! Anyway, no matter.
Colin

Philip

Lance

Quote from: Mr Booh on Feb 07, 2008, 20:28:09
Hi, North Essex........... Tester works eventually............... IE7 :)

I'm North Essex too!
Lance
_____

pup

have  only had 2 successful tests 1st after about 3hrs of trying on tuesday, second attempt on wednesday, no luck to day (just wanted to confirm that my profile is still stuck at 2000k)

Im on the camborne exchange in cornwall
Pup

Sitting on the fence......
And Laughing at both sides.

DeViTTo

Having problems myself and i'm in Bodmin. There seems to be a lot of cornish on here.  ;)

Malc

MoHux

Quote from: RA-1972 on Feb 07, 2008, 18:32:18
Mohux you live just down the road from me really m8 well about 10 miles . (newton abbot)

Hi! Small world as they say.
We had another, very popular member, living in NAbbot.  His forum name was Kheldar, but he hasn't posted for a couple of months.  Probably too busy with the new addition to the family.

:) 
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

Devon is making a play for world dominance I reckon, Mo. ;)
Rik
--------------------

DeViTTo

Quote from: Rik on Feb 08, 2008, 17:16:49

I come from Devon though.  ;)

MoHux

Quote from: Rik on Feb 08, 2008, 17:16:49

:eek4: Not pygmalion likely, I remember what happened to the last bloke!  :flamethrower: :out: