Idnet home page

Started by talos2, Feb 09, 2008, 18:40:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I think the answer is to do with double encryption, Talos. When you go to the login page (the same should apply to any banking sites you may use, or secure payment facilities), you not only have the router's security running, but also the SSL net security. It sounds as if either the PCs or the router are not coping with the load when that happens. Is there anyone you could borrow a different router from?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

talos2

Finally got it all together,  I've found the only system that works without problem on both Vista and XP together is WEP.
I know it's not the strongest , but it works,  my personal network also started to work without problem. I still don't know why this problem arose,  I did try other secured sites, banking etc and they all worked normally. Until I can get a different router to try this will have to do, luckily I live out in the sticks with the sea to one side of me, so the chance of someone trying to hijack my connection is remote. My thanks to all for the help and suggestions.
EX Orange and proud of it.

Sebby

I'm glad you got there in the end. I must admit I'm still surprised that the wireless encryption played a part in this, but then stranger things have happened, as they say. :)

Rik

Curious, but it confirms my belief that the SSL was adding demands that something couldn't cope with, Talos.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.