Email settings

Started by D-Dan, Feb 07, 2008, 20:25:55

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dan

I arrived home from work tonight - fired up TBird - and got the "Do you want to create a new account" window - which peeved me a little but.

A bit of experimenting failed to get my settings back - so I decided to start from scratch and import the folders from the old account. All has gone fine. I have the emails back, got my idnetfreemail account working, and my yahoo account is fine.

However, my idnet.com account keeps complaining about "No such user". I've confirmed the details from the idnet customer area of the webpage.

It was working fine this morning. Any ideas?

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Simon

Sorry to ask the basics, but are you using the full email address (xxxxxx@idnet.com) as the log in, Steve?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

I've not had any problems at all tonight, and there doesn't seem to be anyone else with problems. Looks like it is a local issue to you. Quite what though, I haven't a clue!!!

Are you using the right server addresses etc?
Lance
_____

D-Dan

I tried the full address - and when that failed - I tried abbreviating. However  - I just noticed my diabetes is playing up - so I'm not firing on all cylinders and may have missed something obvious. I'll fix myself and try again tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Lance

Oh well, have a glass of milk and chocolate digestive on me! Assuming it's low that is!
Lance
_____

D-Dan

It is low - and not a Mars Bar in sight - I'm relying on toast and dairylea
Have I lost my way?

Rik

All my IDNet accounts are working fine here, Steve. Let us know if you want to work through the settings, or give support a ring and they can take a look at what's happening while you're on the phone. Have you tried logging into the webmail interface, btw? If so, did that work OK?
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

OK - I just fixed it.

I hadn't noticed that the suffix for the pop server changed to .com for idnet.com accounts.

See - I said it would be something obvious :)

Steve
Have I lost my way?

Lance

Glad you sorted it!  :)
Lance
_____

Rik

Quote from: D-Dan on Feb 08, 2008, 07:09:40
I hadn't noticed that the suffix for the pop server changed to .com for idnet.com accounts.

You can use mail.idnet.com for both POP and SMTP server name, Steve, if you want to have less to remember.
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

I use mail.idnet.xxx

idnet.com addresses aren't recognised by idnet.net servers it seems, though.

Never mind - problem solved :)
Have I lost my way?

Rik

No the com and the other addresses are completely different servers, Steve. Idnet.com addresses are all on Trevor.
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

Oh dear, poor Trevor. I hope he gets over it soon  ;)
Have I lost my way?

Rik

He's not allowed to misbehave again for some time to come. :)
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

------
Alf :)

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Of course, the forum is on Superior Samson. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Should be OK then, they make reasonable TV's..  ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Thought that might bring on a bout of the tongues or groans..  ;D

Rik

You know I hate to disappoint. :)
Rik
--------------------