Is this better or worse than MS?

Started by Noreen, Feb 14, 2008, 09:56:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteRupert Murdoch's News Corporation is reportedly in talks with Yahoo about a possible deal that would stave off an approach from Microsoft.

The Wall Street Journal said that News Corp was eyeing a move that would see MySpace and other of Murdoch's web interests merge with Yahoo.

Yahoo would give News Corp 20% of its shares under the alleged deal, allowing it to remain independent................
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7244178.stm

Rik

I think independent and Murdoch in the same sentence constitutes a contradiction. :( Which would be better? I'm not sure it matters, or that we would be able to tell the difference.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

What gets missed in all this is how Google has managed to achieve world dominance with its search engine. That has to be one of the greatest stories in internet history.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

I prefer Gates over Murdoch, a close call tho' ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Noreen

I'd probably agree with you, In, but would rather have neither.

Inactive

Ditto Noreen, tho' to be honest, I don't use Yahpoo these days, they used to have a brilliant and free online auction site, before fleaBay came along. :(
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Noreen

I only use yahoo.co.uk for mail and it's good, I don't use the US version.

D-Dan

TBH - who cares about Yahoo anymore. OK - I still use a yahoo.co.uk email address - but it's a throwaway email address (10 years old and spam free - but there ya go) - my main throwaway address is my old freeserve address.

Fact is - as a search engine - Google have it. Yahoo is nothing more than a memory. MS search is a bystander. I don't care how they consolidate themselves, they won't beat Google on that anymore (bear in mind - "Google it" is now synonymous with "Look for it").

So I don't mind who, whether it be MS or Murdoch, pumps money into Yahoo, it won't make a blind bit of difference, and either will get a nice slap on their tush for it.
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Gary

I use a yahoo address with alias on it as well, its a great web 2 interface as well, to be honest I think Murdoch or MS will ruin it. Google might be the leaders in search but I don't like their privacy issues.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't