The End of The Internet?

Started by Dazbobaby, Feb 12, 2008, 06:10:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

I have gas powered radiators so its instant when I need it, but have it set to timer, saying that come April they will be off :yes: Spring is on its way I have my first daffodil up in the Garden already

Edit: Markup sorted
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Inactive

No gas here Gary....but I still wouldn't change my storage heaters even if there was, OK not ideal, but no servicing costs or boiler breakdowns to worry about.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Gary

I have a friend who is a corgi registered, so we get him to do that, much cheaper than the plans you get ;D But I agree it can be expensive if you have to get it done and you are not prepared for the cost and the dodgy daves who try it on >:(

madasahatter

Funny how most people seem to know a "Dodgy Dave" innit? ;)

Rik

Starting with the Federation of Master Builders in my experience.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

...and ending at eBay for me..  ;D ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Gramps

What is the position regarding file sharing in other EU countries ?

Noreen

I think that I saw somewhere that the "suggested" rules are already in existence in France, not 100% sure though.

madasahatter

Last I read about France was that these rules were going to be introduced - be interesting to see what happens

Noreen

That's probably what I saw, Mad.

Rik

I thought there was an EU ruling that said member states didn't have to enforce this?
Rik
--------------------

Broadback

Our government will enforce it anyway. Look at the pound/kilo controversy. Now the banning of WW2 planes!
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 14, 2008, 11:38:55
I thought there was an EU ruling that said member states didn't have to enforce this?

I think that ruling was to do with ISPs not being made to give up personal details of file sharers a la:

http://torrentfreak.com/european-filesharers-anonymous-080129/

Rik

Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 14, 2008, 11:50:45
You're right.

Oh my word - permission to write home sir! ;D

Rik

Granted. Carry on sergeant. :)
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

madasahatter

Gary

In the states they do monitor p2p users already in a way, Quote "Comcast has been tinkering with the way file-sharing software works on its network, slowing transfer speeds of data used by applications such as BitTorrent. Comcast has also been giving the heave-ho to customers who use the Internet most heavily, explaining that certain individual downloaders are using as much bandwidth as some of its business customers" seems there is a worry about bandwidth as traffic increases worldwide, so prepare for this probably to happen elsewhere for similar reasons.

Simon

Why does virtually every internet story these days seem to have the word 'Tiscali' in it?  ;D
Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Feb 15, 2008, 10:50:16
Why does virtually every internet story these days seem to have the word 'Tiscali' in it?  ;D
Well its not because of Joanna Lumley that's for sure ;)

madasahatter

And what the ISPA thinks of it all:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7246403.stm

The words "couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery" spring to mind

Malc

I don't know why with obsessive gvmnt don't just put a web cam in every room in every house in the country and watch us all day long. Then tax us for it.

OK, people may be stealing a few quid of Simon Cowell etc, BUT pedofiles download child pawn, muslims dowload terrorist documents, children play violent games & watch 18 films on the internet.

Nobody gives a f.

What am I missing here

How hang on 

Gordon Brown, we know now  

Rik

That the BPI seems to have the Govt in its pocket?
Rik
--------------------

Malc

I'm thinking 17.5% of every sale.

The gvmnt believe what they're told that EVERY download is a sale.

It's absolute rubbish, I have and know people who DL, and probably 1% of what I download, I would and DO buy.

The music industry are not loosing all this money, there is on way people would buy everything the DL.