Broadband rules could be scrapped

Started by Noreen, Feb 14, 2008, 14:39:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteRules covering broadband firms could soon be scrapped in some UK regions.
The European Commission has given permission for the regulations to lapse following a review of competition among broadband wholesalers in the UK.

The review revealed that in 64% of UK markets competition was fierce enough to prevent any broadband wholesaler winning a dominant position.

Following the review, regulator Ofcom said its final decision about scrapping regulations would come later in 2008..............
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7244869.stm

What if anything could this mean for the broadband user?

Rik

I'm not sure it will have a big impact now, Noreen. Any unbundling that was going to happen probably has, for the rest of us, we buy a BT service from the supplier of our choice - that supplier adds value to the basic BT service, and the competition between ISPs will continue.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

cavillas

It won't matter any way. When the revolution comes we will leave the EU and expel all foreigners. >:D >:D >:D >:D
------
Alf :)

Rik

;D

Where are we all going to go, Alf?
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Scotland, Ireland, Wales.  I'm going to Newcastle. :)
------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Broadback

I,m stating put.  As everyone else will have moved I will have the place all to myself! :laugh:
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Inactive

Quote from: cavillas on Feb 14, 2008, 14:59:55
Scotland, Ireland, Wales.  I'm going to Newcastle. :)

Another " foreign " land Alf.. ( Well the one up the East Coast is ). ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

We wouldn't want to see anyone, or any money, going to the wrong place, would we In? :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

Quote from: Rik on Feb 14, 2008, 14:41:24
and the competition between ISPs will continue.

That is, of course, until they have all been brought by, or driven out of business by, Tis...!!!
Lance
_____