Kitz ISP comparison

Started by Noreen, Feb 14, 2008, 18:22:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

I did think I'd dropped a clanger. Noreen!  You edited faster than I could post!  As I said, it's hard keeping up using my phone, but that's my problem!  ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Malc

Quote from: kitz on Feb 15, 2008, 18:38:11
>> or giving all 1's to other ISPs doesn't really help anyone

Wasnt meaning you specifically Malc... if thats what you thought?
- when posting that I was actually recalling something I'd seen recently of someone giving IDNET all 1's elsewhere.. and I meant in general terms.

That's fair enough, I was just defending my vote and giving reasons for it, my anger is directed at pipex.

My vote of 5's for ID is backed up by the fact I am prepared to pay £10 a month more to get what is advertised.

Rik

Quote from: Simon on Feb 15, 2008, 18:41:11
I did think I'd dropped a clanger. Noreen!  You edited faster than I could post!  As I said, it's hard keeping up using my phone, but that's my problem!  ;D

Start carrying a laptop with you? ;)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Wouldn't fit in my pocket, Rik.  ;)
Simon.
--

Malc

Get bigger pockets, I bet J!ll could fit one in her handbag   :hide:

ReDGryphoN

Voted, we are No 1

ReD

MAABOF
BILLION 8800NL USER FTTP

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
Henry David Thoreau

Rik

Quote from: Simon on Feb 15, 2008, 18:52:05
Wouldn't fit in my pocket, Rik.  ;)

That's why it's called a laptop, Simon. :)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Kitz,

:welc: :karmic:

Thanks for all your hard work and a great site, which we often direct people too. I hope to see you around here a bit, but appreciate that you're probably very busy. :)

Rik

Don't forget, btw, people that you need to rate IDNet at ThinkBroadband if you haven't already. :)
Rik
--------------------

Lance

Thanks for the reminder, RIk!

And welcome to the forum Kitz!  :welc:
Lance
_____

Noreen

Quote from: Rik on Feb 15, 2008, 19:33:54
Don't forget, btw, people that you need to rate IDNet at ThinkBroadband if you haven't already. :)
and DSL ZoneUK, in the hope that it MIGHT make a difference. >:D Unfortunately many people still take notice of their ratings. I'm going to make a point of saying that their IDNet page is still wrong every time that I vote there in future.

Inactive

Hi kitz, So nice to see you here, many thanks for your comments.

Have a Karma and a warm welcome.

:welc: :karmic:

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Noreen

IDNet is now second to Enternet. :(

Rik

Inevitable, I suspect, Noreen, with people marking it down on price. :(
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

IDNet back on top again, just. :thumb:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Noreen

And that's with fewer voters too.

Rik

I'm still curious about anyone who says they're worth every penny, but then marks down on VFM.  ???
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Unfortunately Rik, some are unable to distinguish between VFM and Cheap. >:(
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I'd say many rather than some, In. :(
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 26, 2008, 11:16:36
Unfortunately Rik, some are unable to distinguish between VFM and Cheap. >:(
Yes, I think that I've said this before but I believe that some people are genuinely confused about the meanings of VFM and above or below average price.

Rik

I agree, Noreen. I just find it puzzling that someone can say "They're far from the cheapest and probably other ISP's have better packages but you get what you pay for and these guys are worth every penny." and then mark down on VFM.  :dunno:
Rik
--------------------

Si

I think it's probably the 1-5 scale that causes the confusion. If 5 stars is absolutely 100% value for money, what's 4? Still value for money but not absolutely top value?!

I think if you are talking VFM then it should be a black-and-white "This IS good value for what you get" or "This is NOT good value for what you get". I doubt IDnet would get anything other than 100% positive then...
Simon

For the avoidance of confusion I'm not THAT Simon, or the OTHER Simon. :)

Rik

I agree with you. Something is either VFM or it isn't.
Rik
--------------------

Malc

I suppose a lot of it is down to how much knowledge you have, if you don't know any better and only surf and email than tiscalli is OK, and those people are happy, and look at ID and others as expensive.

However, if you use it of games and DL ing etc, then quality is important. These days you only get what you pay for.

Do people who buy 3p netto beans think Heniz are expensive?