Recent Connection

Started by crynshame, Oct 04, 2006, 10:45:36

Previous topic - Next topic

crynshame

;) High People!

Connected yesterday to max and all going to plan at the mo` Downstream hitting
5.4mb upstream 0.4mb Hoping to get nearer 6 to 6.5mb. But will see what happens over the next 10 days.

"What goes around, comes around"
Tommy

If its ment for You, it wont pass You.

quandam

Crynshame

Well done! You are getting some great speeds early after connection. I have been connected since 5th September and have not achieved any really acceptable  (MAX) speeds. I would say that my MAX achieved was just below 3Mb.

Miriam (of CS) has been absolutely great with trying to sort BT out but have to say that speeds have been disappointing. In fact I have had two (yes, two!) 10 day learning periods without satisfying results.

I am no more than 400 mtrs away from my exchange and live in a new house with up to date wiring but still not achieving the speeds you are enjoying. Thankfully no disconnects as yet.

I have noticed that the official BT speed test always has higher readings than all other tests which is a mystery but BT only accept their reading for problem investigation.

Miriam and I have agreed that we will give it another week to 10 days and see what happens, so wish us luck.

maxping

Quote from: crynshame on Oct 04, 2006, 10:45:36
;) High People!

Connected yesterday to max and all going to plan at the mo` Downstream hitting
5.4mb upstream 0.4mb Hoping to get nearer 6 to 6.5mb.

I get anything from 4 to 5.5 Mb I'm happy at that  ;)

crynshame

Quandam :

I wish you the best of luck in your quest.

Like you I am 460 mtrs from exchange and router connected direct to the incomming  box which could possibly be why speeds are so high at the mo`.
If after 10 days it remains at these speeds, then I will be content with what I am receiving.
Tommy

If its ment for You, it wont pass You.