When is network management not network management?

Started by madasahatter, Feb 19, 2008, 09:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 19, 2008, 12:18:20
The daft thing is, I still get junk mail for credit cards that I don't want. :rant2:
I do and from ones I ditched that I can't get back within a year if I wanted to ::) I even have that junk mail thingy (no idea what its called) so I am not meant to get so much rain forest though my letterbox
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 19, 2008, 12:20:31
A market which thrives on churn?

Indeed - I remember all the offers for interest free inter card transfers - they soon dried up when the credit card companies realised that peolpe were just opening cards to keep transferring when the interest free period ran out.

Inactive

Quote from: madasahatter on Feb 19, 2008, 12:20:21
Yep - me too In. Just shows how easy it is to get into massive debt.

It does, some of mine have pre- agreed limit stated, yet I have never had any business with them.

Morgan Stanley give me a 1% rebate, I just hope that lasts.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Gary

Quote from: madasahatter on Feb 19, 2008, 12:20:21
Yep - me too In. Just shows how easy it is to get into massive debt.
At one point I had eleven cards it was so easy to get them I kept applying to see how many I could get it was like top trumps, now I have three and that's that, saying that I will be dumped by them soon for not using them at this rate

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 19, 2008, 12:23:27
Morgan Stanley give me a 1% rebate, I just hope that lasts.

Now if only MS would give us a Windows rebate. (Obscure pun alert!  >:D)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

madasahatter

Quote from: Killhippie on Feb 19, 2008, 12:25:06
At one point I had eleven cards it was so easy to get them I kept applying to see how many I could get it was like top trumps, now I have three and that's that, saying that I will be dumped by them soon for not using them at this rate

I used to have a few - for much the same reason, but I'm now down to just one, and it's very very rare that I use that.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: madasahatter on Feb 19, 2008, 12:27:57
I used to have a few - for much the same reason, but I'm now down to just one, and it's very very rare that I use that.

I used to have a few, but it meant that I sat lop-sided. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: madasahatter on Feb 19, 2008, 12:27:57
I only use them for online purchases for safety reasons these days then pay them straight off, I keep The Amex platinum as it has some great benefits for insurance etc when travelling for Justina as she is away so often, and a low rate if we have an emergency, the other two are empty, hence I bet I get terminated ::)

madasahatter

Rik

Quote from: Killhippie on Feb 19, 2008, 12:31:36
I only use them for online purchases for safety reasons these days then pay them straight off

Same here, we've reduced to two, one in each name, so that a death doesn't produce problems.
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 19, 2008, 12:36:30
Same here, we've reduced to two, one in each name, so that a death doesn't produce problems.

that's it Rik

*starts whistling* Always look on the bright side of life - altogether now..........  ;D

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Feb 19, 2008, 12:36:30
The Amex is in my name and Justina has a card on my account the other two are in separate names as well for similar reasons, and we have life insurance as well, you have to think of these things :(

Rik

Quote from: madasahatter on Feb 19, 2008, 12:37:32
that's it Rik

*starts whistling* Always look on the bright side of life - altogether now..........  ;D

:)

I've been an executor a couple of times, and I learnt quickly how much easier you can make life for the surviving partner with a little planning. I've even applied it to IDNet, if you check the FAQs. :)
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 19, 2008, 12:46:11
:)

I've been an executor a couple of times, and I learnt quickly how much easier you can make life for the surviving partner with a little planning. I've even applied it to IDNet, if you check the FAQs. :)

Yeah I know what you mean - I've been the executor of 2 wills, and a little forward planning can make a world of difference.

Rik

It's something people don't like to think about, but it is going to happen, so we might just as well deal with it. Leaving funeral instructions helps too.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Rik

Rik
--------------------

cavillas

QuoteA market which thrives on churn?
Butter manufacturers.  ;D  Just been shopping so a bit late with answers. :banana2: :banana2:
------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

cavillas

------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------