BT - Self inflicted injury?

Started by MoHux, Feb 22, 2008, 22:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

MoHux

I just had an email from BT ............... thought you could all do with a good laugh ..........

"Don't put your computer at risk

Did you know that your computer may be at risk when you are online? Every second you are online whether it be shopping, banking or just surfing you are putting your precious files at risk if you do not have protection from viruses, spyware or hackers.

BT has teamed up with Norton, the world's leading internet security provider, to offer you BT's NetProtect to give you peace of mind every time you go online.

For just £3.50 per month you can relax knowing that your computer is protected by Norton AntiVirus and Norton Firewall and will always be up to date thanks to our FREE automatic updates ensuring you get the latest available protection all the time.

Plus its easy setup - so what are you waiting for protect your computer today."   :pig:  :rip:

:rofl: :lol:  :evil:
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Malc

Thats brilliant!   ;D ;D

Norton - the biggest system hog since vista.  :mad:

For just £3.50 per month you can relax knowing that your computer is protected by Norton AntiVirus and Norton Firewall and will always be up to date thanks to our FREE automatic updates

Don't quite add up, does it  ???

Lance

:eek4:

If anyone signs up for this, they must have the words 'mug' and 'idiot' tattooed across their forehead.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Lance on Feb 22, 2008, 22:39:48
:eek4:

If anyone signs up for this, they must have the words 'mug' and 'idiot' tattooed across their forehead.
There probably is a long line of them already Lance :eek4:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Lance

I'm sure you are right, Gary.
Lance
_____

Sebby

Pay to make my computer grind to a halt? No thanks. ;)

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

At one level, I applaud the moved - it fits with previous discussions we've had about ISPs protecting users from themselves. OTOH, Norton and £3.50pm...  ::)
Rik
--------------------

Baz

HEY, BACK OFF YOU LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( 

give Norton a break  ;)

Inactive

It would take more than Norton to save some users from themselves..removal of keyboard / mouse may do the trick. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 23, 2008, 08:54:09
It would take more than Norton to save some users from themselves..removal of keyboard / mouse may do the trick. ;)

From where, exactly, In?  :angel:
Rik
--------------------