BT follows IDNet's lead!

Started by Noreen, Feb 22, 2008, 18:08:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteThe upshot of this is that from 1st April calls to BT Broadband technical support will be free, an 0845 number currently costs 0.5p per minute for an evening call plus a 6p set up fee, 0870 numbers cost 1.5p per minute at BT rates in the evening. These changes will mean the number of calls made to BT free of charge will increase from the current 92% to 99% in April.

"BT has been setting the pace with its pricing and today we've decided to go a step further. We've always had some of the lowest prices for such calls and now we've decided to make them free. We call on the rest of the industry to follow our lead. There really is no excuse for companies whose prices are either sky-high or verging on the ridiculous. We believe that customers are out of pocket to the tune of £70 million a year."
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3424-bt-is-set-to-embrace-0800-and-0808-numbers-for-its-technical-support.html

Rik

The irony of it, Noreen. "We've been charging for years, but now we're going to change and say there's no excuse for others doing it..."  >:(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

Lance
_____

Rik

BT, you've got to hate them.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

IDNET still have their support based in UK though.  Come on BT you can do better. ;D
------
Alf :)

Rik

IDNet don't use scripts either, Alf. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

"    . We call on the rest of the industry to follow our lead. "..

Like long term stitch in contracts  ..  ::)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.