Problem with extremly sub 0.1mb speed on a maxdsl line

Started by stanton2110, Oct 22, 2006, 11:02:11

Previous topic - Next topic

stanton2110

Hi can anyone help

ive had a connection with newnet for just over a month now its been great until friday when the problem started occuring my speed on my line went from being around 500k to being 16k and now its just constanly like this.

ive ran the bt speedtester and got the following back:

The Performance Tester is now testing Broadband connection. Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 135 k

Please do not move away from this page and do not start any other download activity on your computer.

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
    IP profile for your line is - 135 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  7392 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 93 kbps

can anyone help me regarding this why has my connection all of a suddon been set like this and is there anything i can do about to get it rectified?

Thanks

StAnToN2110

Nerval

Newnet?  Is that part of IDNet then?

Sounds as though there's been a temporary glitch on your line and that Max has responded to it by reducing your rate (IP profile) which is the thing that limits your actual speed.

Since your sync rate has gone back up, it should only be a few days before max responds again and puts your IP profile back up, giving you good speeds again.

Unfortunately it responds within hours to drops in speed on your line, but it takes two or three days to respond to increases.
Reboot your router once a day (but not a lot more than that) to allow it to reassess your best speed, and it should sort itself out in three days or so.

mrapoc

Nerval

They don't seem to provide much in the way of support then, do they?

stanton2110

Well ive raised a suuport ticket with newnet but ive had nothing back as of yet.

Its just really annoying having this sort of slow speed i cant do anything.

maxping

Get your MAC and join the happy band here at IDNet  :laugh:

Give Computer Active forums a try they have hundreds of members online all the time - http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/index.jsp?cat=2

Nerval

Well, can't argue with maxping as he's a guru! :laugh:
But meanwhile, the answer I gave above still stands!! :police: