What planet is this person from ?

Started by old Bill, Feb 28, 2008, 21:04:24

Previous topic - Next topic

old Bill

Philip

he/she is not on this planet, thats for sure  ::)

RA-1972

I take your are on about this one ?

I have been with them for a month now and I have just cancelled today. Don't go with them at any circumstances. There is no customer support after 5pm and on Saturdays and Sundays. Other companies will give better price and with tech support 24/7. by smrs200

Captain K

Not so much a different planet, more an alternative reality.............man!  :stars:
Bruce.

I don't trust Camels.  Or any other creature that can go a week without a drink.

Den

And where ever he has gone to are welcome to him/her  :mad:
Mr Music Man.

plugwash

I can see how if you were a newbie who needed some handholding and you were out at work all day somewhere you were not allowed to make personal phone calls from you could find a company with support policies like IDNETs a PITA to deal with.

Sure they may sometimes call people back before the office reopens but the newcomper isn't going to know what.

Captain K

Fair point, but those companies who do pick up the phone 24/7 are only ever going to be working from a script. 

Plus, there is a clear pointer on the home page to this forum, and I haven't seen anyone asking for help here turned away yet.  Apart from Tiscali's outgoing CEO of course.  ;D
Bruce.

I don't trust Camels.  Or any other creature that can go a week without a drink.

J!ll

Malc

Quote from: Captain K on Feb 28, 2008, 22:27:12
Plus, there is a clear pointer on the home page to this forum, and I haven't seen anyone asking for help here turned away yet.  Apart from Tiscali's outgoing CEO of course.  ;D

I think ID are excellent, but just to add to the above, for a newbie, how can you see the forum if your internet is down?

I can understand the newbie marking down a little on support. But not 1's everywere like this person has done.

Captain K

Quote from: Malc on Feb 28, 2008, 22:52:02
I think ID are excellent, but just to add top the above, for a newbie, how can you see the forum if your internet is down?

Ah, now I'm really glad you asked me that question Malc.....    :blush:
Bruce.

Lance

The support hours are no secret, so if he didn't like them why did he sign up in the first place! Plus although the others have 24/7 support, i bet that it is no where near as good, and they charge for the call too. Not forgetting the time spent on hold too!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Malc

Quote from: plugwash on Feb 28, 2008, 22:22:03
I can see how if you were a newbie who needed some handholding and you were out at work all day somewhere you were not allowed to make personal phone calls from you could find a company with support policies like IDNETs a PITA to deal with.

I can't believe these days that their are people who have broadband and PC's but don't have mobile phones.

Slightly contradictory to my last post, but not my feelings, just ideas.

Inactive

There is always one. ;D

His/her loss.

;)

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Quote from: old Bill on Feb 28, 2008, 21:04:24
Just been reading the reviews on ISP review. Just cant believe some people :mad:

He doesn't even know the support hours, it's 8:30-6:30 Mon-Thu, 8;30-6:00 Fri.
Rik
--------------------

BGN

I'd sooner have a free, UK based, helpful Tech Support number that has specific opening times instead of a premium rate, script based, 24/7 call center filled with people who haven't the foggiest about the technical problem I am having and decide to blame me instead. Judging by the rest of the reviews on ISPReview, however... I don't think there's much to worry about. ;D

Malc

Quote from: BGN on Mar 01, 2008, 08:43:43
I'd sooner have a free, UK based, helpful Tech Support number that has specific opening times instead of a premium rate, script based, 24/7 call center filled with people who haven't the foggiest about the technical problem I am having and decide to blame me instead. Judging by the rest of the reviews on ISPReview, however... I don't think there's much to worry about. ;D

And who can't understand a word you say, probably due to then being 8,000 miles away ;)

cavillas

I have a friend who is on IDNET and he well understands why they have support hours the way they do, out of hours I am his support.  Like the other day he had just moved his machine and sent me an email saying.. "I can't connect to the internet..."

He was at home with only one connection.

Can anyone spot the deliberate mistake? ;D
------
Alf :)

Malc

Rik

Quote from: cavillas on Mar 01, 2008, 09:23:00

Yup. He gave you too much information, Alf. :)
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: cavillas on Mar 01, 2008, 09:23:00
I have a friend who is on IDNET and he well understands why they have support hours the way they do, out of hours I am his support.  Like the other day he had just moved his machine and sent me an email saying.. "I can't connect to the internet..."

He was at home with only one connection.

Having previously worked on an ISP support desk, nothing surprises me anymore ;D

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

cavillas

Not only that he's a cheif petty officer as well.
------
Alf :)

Inactive

madasahatter

Quote from: cavillas on Mar 01, 2008, 11:41:22
Not only that he's a cheif petty officer as well.

Sounds like our Navy's in BIG trouble  ;D

Rik

Do we still have a Navy. I thought we were down to two dinghies and a load of rowlocks!  :eek4:
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter