Have I done it right?

Started by Tina, Mar 02, 2008, 02:35:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Tina

I put in my order to migrate on Thursday morning, but apart from an e-mail confirming  my direct debit details I haven't heard anything.
Should have I heard anything by now? Having never migrated before, I dunno how long it takes, but I am eager to leave the shambles that is pipex/Tiscli asap and I just wanna check I've done it all right and it's a question of waiting :) Thanks :)

Steve

Quote from: dissonance on Mar 02, 2008, 02:35:38
I put in my order to migrate on Thursday morning, but apart from an e-mail confirming  my direct debit details I haven't heard anything.
Should have I heard anything by now? Having never migrated before, I dunno how long it takes, but I am eager to leave the shambles that is pipex/Tiscli asap and I just wanna check I've done it all right and it's a question of waiting :) Thanks :)
You should receive an email confirming your order which in my case included the intended date of migration and also your idnet log in instructions. I lost my pipex connection mid morning and 10 minutes later I was able to log in to idnet.I was also sent an email by idnet saying migration had been successful. I have been amazed by the DL speeds during peak periods as compared to my latter days with pipex/tiscali.

Steve
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Hi Dissonance

If you don't hear tomorrow, give IDNet a ring, 0800 0267237, or drop them an email, support@idnet.net. The second email is sent once they get a migration date from BT, so that may be the holdup.
Rik
--------------------

Tina

I just knew it wouldn't be easy to migrate :( What ever *should* be easy never is for me. Spoken to IDNet who say BT is rejecting the order :( So they've raised it with them and are waiting for them to get back to them.

Rik

Odd. The only thing I can think is that the MAC key is not valid in some way. Did IDNet give you any clues?
Rik
--------------------

Tina

No clues at all :( I am begining to think I put the mac code in wrong ;( I am very dyslexic and numbers and letters together just get jumbled up in my head. Getting really worried now

Rik

Have you still got the code, Dissonance. Could you fax it to them to check against what they are using?
Rik
--------------------

Tina

I don't have a fax machine :( I knew I'd mess it up :( Still got the code

Malc

BT also rejected mine, something to do with a LLU and coming back to BT, however Miriam re submitted it and told BT there was nothing wrong wIth it, it then worked.

J!ll

BT rejected mine too  :)

Tina

Aren't IDNet CC lovely :) Spoken to them, and it appears BT rejected it  so IDnet have submitted the order manually, and it should go through ok. Might take a little longer, but they said I should be with you all middle of next week :) bye bye pipex/Tiscali

Rik

Quote from: dissonance on Mar 03, 2008, 15:11:22
I don't have a fax machine :( I knew I'd mess it up :( Still got the code

I gather you've just spoken to James? IDNet are going to submit it manually to BT, it looks like a system problem on their side. Rest assured that they will do their best to resolve it for you.
Rik
--------------------

Tina

LOL anything you don't know - yeah I spoke  to a lovely guy - he checked the code and it was fine  :thumb: As you said they are going to do the order manually. I am very impressed by the customer care at IDnet.

Rik

Quite a lot really, Dissonance. :) I just happened to be on the phone to IDNet to check the engineering work tonight and the Telehouse status, so I added your problem to my list and you phoned midway through the call. We're all family, here, we do what we can to look out for each other.
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Quote from: Rik on Mar 03, 2008, 15:26:49
. We're all family, here, we do what we can to look out for each other.

:pat:

Tina

ah yes James said someone was on the phone discussing my account :) I so appreciate your help as I would have just worried all on my  own. I love IDNet already :)

J!ll

Rik

Quote from: dissonance on Mar 03, 2008, 15:29:40
I love IDNet already :)

The feeling gets better, I promise you. :)
Rik
--------------------

Ray

:welc: and soon to Idnet have another welcome  :karmic:
Ray
--------------------

Tina

I am sure it will - I have about  a week left before I become a fully fledged part of IDnet. Thanks Rik for mentioning me to customer support - it's hard when you don't know what you're doing, cos you don't want to bother CS if there is nothing to worry about, but on the other hand leave it if it needs sorting. I have every faith it will be ok :)

Rik

Rest assured that I know nothing more about you than what you have posted in the forum. The way it works is if I see anything which isn't going smoothly, I just ask for a briefing on what the problem is, I am not given any personal details. That way, I can act as an intermediary if necessary, but your issue is well in hand. :)
Rik
--------------------

Tina

Yeah I like the way it works - cos I can post about the issue on here, and you lot can tell me if I need to take it up with CS or not. I have never come across such a friendly forum as this before - thanks to you all. I am feeling a lot less worried and confused now then I was two hours ago.. and I did get my mac code right.. go me  :rofl2:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

MoHux

......... and don't worry Diss', us lot on here get our letters and numbers jumbled up all the time - You are in good company!!

Welcome

Mo

:sanity:
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

It's not my letters and numbers, Mo, it's the connection between brain and fingers in my case.  :'(
Rik
--------------------