Regrading from package to package is actually free!

Started by mrapoc, Feb 28, 2008, 21:24:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy70

Quote from: Rik on Feb 29, 2008, 19:20:55
IDNet are actually charged a fee by BT for the move in either direction, Ted. They are choosing to absorb it at the moment, but I'd imagine that would not be the case if people swapped regularly.

I feel really guilty now Rik  :back:

Rik

It's their choice, Andy, I just wanted to clarify why they may charge for some regrades.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

bob_s

I can understand why idnet would need to pass on the costs that BT charge to the customer, as it could become allot of cost to absorb if it became common practice.

I recently inquired about removing my fast mode back to interleaving to perform some tests, then to possibly later with a new router move back to fast mode (this would help diagnose a possible performance problem).  But idnet let me know they may have to pass the costs on for future changes.  I never found out what the costs were, and decided to stay with fast mode (heavy gaming use) and replace the router sometime soon.

But th option to change packages where BT are not involved may be of interest.  Some months if I were not about for the majority of time, dropping down a package could make sense.

Andy70

fast mode to interleaving  ....    ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Lost me there!

I have cr*ppy old PC using a PCI modem that gives a sync rate of 7.0 mbps and a speed test of the following:

Upload 379 kpbs
Download: 5995 kbps

Enough for me  :cheers: