You Tube blocked

Started by old Bill, Feb 25, 2008, 04:45:41

Previous topic - Next topic

old Bill

Gary

Quote from: old Bill on Feb 25, 2008, 04:45:41
This takes  censorship to a whole to level.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7262071.stm

I read about this this morning, not surprised the governments would block youtube if the content offends their faith, despite what the people in theses countries may feel to be honest, and the blocking of all its servers was seen as a mistake anyway, its back on line now, and Thailand and Turkey have blocked it for the same reasons, to be honest with how Britain wants to monitor the internet and p2p its not a great leap that sites like this would be blocked if there was anti British propaganda on their one day either, after all the net is the last bastion of free speech for many and that has to be sanitised for our own good sometime you know ;)  >:D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Inactive

You Tube...  :puke:

They could close it down tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.

:rant2:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Gary

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 25, 2008, 10:02:10
You Tube...  :puke:

They could close it down tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.

:rant2:
Bit like polls huh ;)

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I'm thinking of starting one on my sense of humour, In. Surely even you would vote in that? ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

;D ;D Only with clearly defined T&C's..  :hehe: :out:

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Feb 25, 2008, 10:31:22
I'm thinking of starting one on my sense of humour, In. Surely even you would vote in that? ;)
I would not bet on it Rik, that's probably why we had a conservative government for so many years, that one vote needed to make the difference was In's  ;)

Inactive

Quote from: Killhippie on Feb 25, 2008, 10:39:03

I would not bet on it Rik, that's probably why we had a conservative government for so many years, that one vote needed to make the difference was In's  ;)

Now you tell me...  ;D

Gary

Rik

It wouldn't have been democratic to tell you before, In. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Nigel

It is completley unacceptable for the Pakistani government to ban YouTube. I wonder what it is they fear? Perhaps they will be rumbled in due course for allowing a medieval ideology to brainwash their people  :eyebrow:

Malc

Is Nigels pictuure the one in 'Who Is this'?

Still no idea who it is though

Niall

Yet another reason why religion should be outlawed ;)

Seriously though, religion should have it's place for those demented enough to beleive in the rubbish (each to their own, etc), but when you force a belief on others you're going way too far. You're not much better than Hitler when you start down that road.

I firmly beleive that no religion should have ANY power at all. A belief is fine, but the days of making the laws of the land based on religion should be long since gone. Look at Christians and Catholics and the state they're in now that people have realised that all they did was make, break and abuse laws to suit themselves (with a lot of documented proof, a lot of which can be found on the net - just in case someone challenges this comment!).
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

bob_s

Why dont they realize this just gives everybody the excuse to say they are in an oppressed country and the rest of us are in a so called free world ???

I am glad they dont try and prevent me from viewing youtube, what I'd do for a quick laugh without the ability to watch skateboarding accidents I will never know. ;D

madasahatter

Quote from: Niall on Feb 25, 2008, 20:16:00
Yet another reason why religion should be outlawed ;)

Seriously though, religion should have it's place for those demented enough to beleive in the rubbish (each to their own, etc), but when you force a belief on others you're going way too far. You're not much better than Hitler when you start down that road.

I firmly beleive that no religion should have ANY power at all. A belief is fine, but the days of making the laws of the land based on religion should be long since gone. Look at Christians and Catholics and the state they're in now that people have realised that all they did was make, break and abuse laws to suit themselves (with a lot of documented proof, a lot of which can be found on the net - just in case someone challenges this comment!).

To be honest, like a lot of other things, I don't think it's religion that's bad itself, but the people, as you say, who interpret the "religious laws" to suit themselves. It's like in teh American bible belt with their smug holier than thou attitude - it stinks - and if they truly believed their religion, they would know that that is not the way its meant to be.

Niall

The trouble is having the religion in the first place. It's only there because it was invented to introduce law and order in years gone by. People have changed and invented religious break offs to suit their own purposes to impose their own version of law onto different society.

The major thing about all of that side of things that irritates me is that there is countless pieces of evidence out there that this is the case, yet people will always argue that there is a god despite there being absolutely no evidence of one at all, in any way, shape or form. Then they argue the stupid argument "prove that there isn't one", and immediately miss the point. It is fictional so there is no proof of one, so cannot be proven due to it being designed to control society in the first place. It only takes a few generations for something to move from rumour to belief, to acceptance ,to law. So again, you, the religious stranger have to prove to me that there IS a god. If you can't do that, then there isn't one. It's as simple as that. There is no counter argument. Sadly, this is where they start to spout off rubbish about faith and belief and actually use this as an argument! The idiocy of it all dumbfounds me, it honestly does.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy