Fast.co.uk

Started by Andy70, Mar 02, 2008, 18:52:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy70

Used to be with them and they were superb in every respect (no dissing to IDNet).

However, the reason i left them for IDNet was to do with the monthly download allowance - for a mere £2 more you get an extra 15gb !

There's more to this though..... Both my brother and a work friend are still with them and are both HEAVY downloaders. They incorporate an online usage meter similar to our own but can't seem to be able to monitor  it as it keeps going down. We get charged £1 per gig over the limit - they prefer to waiver it unless in extreme cases.

Now a friend of mine who is on the 15gb per month package has actually downed over 65gb this month at no extra cost.

Apparently the usage meter is off an on. Time to migrate back?

Rik

Hi Andy

IDNet is not designed for heavy downloaders, so if that's what you are looking for then Fast or an Enta reseller would probably suit you better.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Andy70

Quote from: Rik on Mar 02, 2008, 18:55:02
Hi Andy

IDNet is not designed for heavy downloaders, so if that's what you are looking for then Fast or an Enta reseller would probably suit you better.

Hi Rik,

I don't consider myself, or anybody else as 'heavy' downloaders. Fast do not offer anything better than IDNet in those aspects. I only mentioned the statistics as a comparison between the two 'best' isps i have been with and their 'monitoring' and potential charging of your monthly allowance if you go over. IDNet have a concrete system as you are charged £1 per gig over the limit - Fast do not. IDNet have an on line usage meter that works, Fast have been having problems with theirs for many months so encouraging their userbase to take the 'michael' so to speak.

I honestly can't see this continuing for much longer, they must be operating at a loss surely?

Rik

I'd have thought so, Andy, they have to pay BT for the bandwidth. I have known IDNet waive the 'overs' if it's a one-off, btw. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

That company will go to the wall, and fast if they don't sort that VERY quickly. I'd email them to ask what they intend to do about it, and if the response is a clear blag I'd jump ship.

The way things are with a lot of companies at the moment, I'd say something as bad as that needs definite reassurance from the ISP and immediately. If they don't do that, I'd have no problem assuming they're incompetent.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy