Bandwidth usage page

Started by stevelondon, Oct 17, 2006, 12:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

stevelondon

Is it me or has the bandwidth usage page changed format?

Lance

not only changed format but changed information! the more detailed breakdown is quite useful, but i wonder if they could change it from the last five days to month-to-date?
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Scott

Quote from: stevelondon on Oct 17, 2006, 12:16:30
Is it me or has the bandwidth usage page changed format?

dammit...I haven't logged in in months ! Now what's that password again !
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

stevelondon

I changed my password to login ages ago but every now and again i have to login with my original passord and change it again does anyone else have that? (if you get what i mean lol)  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :angel: :laugh: :police: :banana2:

Bill

Quote from: lance on Oct 17, 2006, 12:32:49
not only changed format but changed information! the more detailed breakdown is quite useful, but i wonder if they could change it from the last five days to month-to-date?
It'll go that way, but they only have the daily figures from the 12th. They can't show what they haven't got!
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Bill

Quote from: stevelondon on Oct 17, 2006, 14:02:13
I changed my password to login ages ago but every now and again i have to login with my original passord and change it again does anyone else have that? (if you get what i mean lol)  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :angel: :laugh: :police: :banana2:
Yeah, same here. I think the new software "loses" the new passwords, so when they try something new it gets reset to the original one.

Simon is aware of it.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Lance

Quote from: Bill on Oct 17, 2006, 14:07:56
It'll go that way, but they only have the daily figures from the 12th. They can't show what they haven't got!

valid point. i just assumed they chose to change the method of displaying the information they already had. i didn't think that they may have actually changed the information they get!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

stevelondon

Quote from: Bill on Oct 17, 2006, 14:10:23
Yeah, same here. I think the new software "loses" the new passwords, so when they try something new it gets reset to the original one.

Simon is aware of it.

Ahh thanks for that Bill i always wondered why  ::)

Bill

Yeah, previously they only got usage data from the Radius servers when you disconnected, which made mine look odd because I very seldom disconnect!

Now they get hourly figures, so the usage figures are now close to real-time.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

stevelondon

Danni

It looks good, but now I don't know how much bandwidth I have left, and whether I'll be able to download the Edgy cd on 26th October or not :( (New Kubuntu version)
IDNet Customer (ex-partner's name): 6th January 2006 - 23rd March 2007
IDNet broadband Customer (my name): 11th June 2008 - 21st April 2010

Now with Be for internets, IDNet for phone.

Bill

Quote from: Danni on Oct 17, 2006, 17:17:40
It looks good, but now I don't know how much bandwidth I have left, and whether I'll be able to download the Edgy cd on 26th October or not :( (New Kubuntu version)

IDNet are waiving any usage prior to the 12th as the figures aren't available.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

maxping

I use Netmeter its free & accurate and only   2 clicks to all the info below. (this isnt mine BTW)

Note all the tabs across the top. http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

HungLO

Quote from: Bill on Oct 17, 2006, 17:38:10
IDNet are waiving any usage prior to the 12th as the figures aren't available.

Not that I don't trust you Bill, but is this a true statement? Can anyone else validate this? :o

Thanks in advance.

drummer

Quote from: HungLO on Oct 17, 2006, 18:20:29
Not that I don't trust you Bill, but is this a true statement? Can anyone else validate this? :o

Thanks in advance.
It would really help if this could be confirmed as I have no idea how much I downloaded before the 12th and I certainly don't want to fall foul of the limit.
To stay is death but to flee is life.

Scott

I'll dbl check with Simon and post back chaps.
[Query sent - awaiting response]
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

Simon_idnet

Hi All

We have wiped the bandwidth slate clean as of 11th October. For this month the allowance will only count between 12th and 31st October. We're sorry that we lost the historical data and so this is the least that we can do.

Naturally, we will be contacting anyone who uses more than their allowance (2Gb or 30Gb) during this period or in future months.

Regards
Simon

Nerval

Just occurred to me to ask.

Does the 30GB allowance normally run from beginning to end of month (1st to 30th or whatever), in which case if I join tomorrow it would be pro-rata to the end of the month. Or is it from join date to join date - in my case that would be from 19th of this month to 18th of next?

stevelondon

From beginning to end of month

Nerval

Thanks steve.  So i'll now work out 12/31*30   :laugh:

jackmalanak

;D
Sorry for being a bit thick here but what's the first of the two figures that simon is referring to in his last post. I understand the 30Gb monthly download amount but not sure about the 2Gb figure.

Thanks
jackmalanak

Gilba

I believe tthe 2GB is the allowance for the lite service.

maxping

Quote from: Gilba on Oct 18, 2006, 18:32:17
I believe tthe 2GB is the allowance for the lite service.

Yep  ;)

jackmalanak

:)
Cheers guys you learn something everyday.

jackmalanak

drummer

Thanks Simon and Scott for clearing that up.
To stay is death but to flee is life.