Slow speeds today

Started by wolverene, Oct 23, 2006, 13:46:54

Previous topic - Next topic

quandam

Quote from: wolverene on Oct 25, 2006, 02:37:16
Hey Quandam, any improvement at your end. I`ve not been able to see if the slowdown occurred today but as MoHux suggested, might just be half term kicking in- bless the little darlings.
Regards

I am not getting the speeds others are but they are quite acceptable to me between 4 & 6 Mb most of the time. Hope you get things sorted.

Lance

i tend to get around 3-5mb most of the time. occassionally i go slightly higher. think my problem is we have a bit of a poor line and we are about 4km from the exchange.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

I've been with IDNet since the middle of June and my speeds are usually between 4.5 and 6Mb and have had up to 6.5Mb occasionally. I seem to have a fairly good line and am only about 1.7Km from my exchange which is rural one with a green status at the moment.

RayC
Ray
--------------------

mrapoc

im under a mile away yet i hardly get over 5mbps during daylight hours  :'(

maxping

I get between 4Mb & 5.5 Mb.

quandam

It would appear that the general download speed is between around 3.5 to 6.0 Mb (fluctuating) from most posters?

Nerval

It would probably put it into perspective if people gave their sync speed at well  as the actual speed.

I sync at between 5.4 and 6, and get a speedtest result of 3.5 to 4.5, depending on the wind/weather/'moon.  Though a good torrent usually downloads at 540kB or so.

karvala

Last Result (this evening) (sync at 8128 kbps; Bras at 7150kbps):
Download Speed: 6913 kbps (864.1 KB/sec transfer rate)  :) :)

On the other hand, ping times (yes, everyone's favourite topic  ;D ) daytime today: :( :(

Ray

My current line stats using Speedtouch 585v6 router

DSL Connection   Current speed 4755kbps

Link Information
Interleaving is On         
Uptime:   8 days, 6:03:01
Modulation:   G.992.1 Annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:   448 / 7,616
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:   92.80 / 725.91
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:   11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:   17.0 / 28.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:   15.0 / 9.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):   TMMB / ALCB

RayC
Ray
--------------------

TimJ

Quote from: karvala on Oct 26, 2006, 19:20:43

On the other hand, ping times (yes, everyone's favourite topic  ;D ) daytime today: :( :(

Those ping times look very typical of my home line. It only effects my line during the day and then I am not at home so does not worry me. Evenings/weekends are fine.

My work line occasionally shows this but sufficently infreqently that I put up with it - it been 3 weeks since I have seen it.

Tim.