DNS Probs ???

Started by Wingco1, Oct 18, 2006, 20:33:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingco1

Anyone having probs reaching www.bbc.co.uk or bbs.adslguide.org neither will resolve for me :(

Bill

Same here, more or less. They resolve OK but don't load... a few other sites too.

Traceroutes to AG give some odd results- a lot of timeouts.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Wingco1

Quote from: Bill on Oct 18, 2006, 20:36:39
Same here, more or less. They resolve OK but don't load... a few other sites too.

Traceroutes to AG give some odd results- a lot of timeouts.

Thanks Bill, at least it rules my router out, I was getting worried :D Pings and tracerts working OK it`s just as you say some sites won`t load :(

Bill

I think there are some people who can still see AG, I got an email from the site... may be a routing or peering problem? I don't really know enough about these things to have much idea  >:(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

stevelondon

Danni

Johny was having problems getting onto Lloyds earlier, but that started working again. www.bbc.co.uk was down for us for a few minutes but has just come back this second. ADSLGuide has continued to work for me.
IDNet Customer (ex-partner's name): 6th January 2006 - 23rd March 2007
IDNet broadband Customer (my name): 11th June 2008 - 21st April 2010

Now with Be for internets, IDNet for phone.

Wingco1

All working again now  ;D

stevelondon

Seems like its back to normal my end now  ;D

Bill

Same here, that's nearly 2 hours....  >:(

If anyone finds out what glitched, please let us know..
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Simon_idnet

At this stage I'm guessing that an ISP on the LoNAP exchange inadvertantly started to blackhole some sites. We've shut our LoNAP connection and this seems to have resolved the problem for us.

I'll let you know if LoNAP release any details.
Simon

Bill

I wondered if LoNap were involved... the traceroutes on the dead sites seemed to have that one in common.

Thanks Simon.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

StevieV

I still can't get hold of some sites - especially radio times.

http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/now.html

I need to find out wot's on the telly!

:-\

mrapoc

radio times doesnt work for me either  :-[

maxping

StevieV

Funnily enough I've still got a decoration on the telly left over from last Christmas. Suppose I might as well leave it there now as it'll be Christmas again in a few weeks.

(Makes mental note to do more housework and stop hanging around Idnet forums so much)

:)