Another lost connection

Started by dlorde, Mar 28, 2008, 00:11:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Apr 01, 2008, 12:16:10
Do you know if your profile has changed, In?

All back to normal today, I am pleased to say.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I wonder just what BT are doing at the moment. Possibly it's 21CN work going on, which isn't being notified to ISPs.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Apr 02, 2008, 11:26:50
I wonder just what BT are doing at the moment. Possibly it's 21CN work going on, which isn't being notified to ISPs.

It will not be 21CN work at my local exchange, that is for certain Rik.

I just wish that BT would come clean and state that they are still doing work, this all reflects badly on ISP's.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

BT have always moved in mysterious ways, In. :(
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Indeed, they are so bloody annoying, they just sent a Credit Card application to me this morning, another rain forest, yet they promote paperless billing, yeah right. >:(

Rik

I feel deprived, I've never had one myself. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

You can have mine, whoops too late, it has gone back in it's pre - paid envelope to them with a few rude words added. ;D

Rik

I think I must have ticked the don't contact me with marketing bumph box, although I'm sure it had a much more refined title. :)
Rik
--------------------

Moley

QuoteBT seem to be doing work which they're not telling IDNet about. Did you lose sync, or just PPP?

If I knew what you were talking about I might be able to answer.... all I know is there was no internet...

Rik

Were the lights flashing on your router, Chris?
Rik
--------------------

Moley

All were on apart from the end one that is labelled "internet" lol.  DSL light etc were on as normal

Rik

Which router is it, Chris? It sounds like it has separate lights for DSL (sync) and Internet (PPP). The sync is the connection between the exchange and router, the PPP session is the ongoing network connection. If that dropped, but not sync, then it sounds like the same problem others have been reporting, and seems to be an issue with BT engineering work as best we can tell. If you ask IDNet, they can take a look at it from their end, generally, they have not been able to see the drop, ie it's on BT's network.
Rik
--------------------

Ray

I'm going to tempt providence now and say that I haven't had a problem with my connection since I changed back to my Netgear router.  :fingers: :)
Ray
--------------------

Rik

No reason why you should, Ray, there's a lot of them out there doing sterling service. :)
Rik
--------------------