Site Problems?

Started by Malc, Mar 29, 2008, 14:54:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Burns

think the bigest thing i hate are emo web servers that blow ram PSU and NIC all at the same time and have to make a international phone call to tell layered tech tech support how to diagnoise linux kernal panic.

Do IDNet Offer coloction or whaterver it is

but i didnt notice any slow speeds but thats cause i was asleep or at work all day. which sucks cause i was meant to be off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no wonder i post at stupid times in the morning can we not get some more people on at 12 - 6 am when i get infront of my computer :thumb:

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Mar 29, 2008, 18:27:41
It was the first thing which came to mind, but then Mad is probably a fakir and will opt for the pin!  :eek4:

:lol:

Jill was right - I hadn't thought that far, and a pin would definitely have been out - not keen on pain of any kind. ;)

Anyway, the starving myself worked - I ate loads - and then loads more. And best of all, I was invited out so I didn't have to pay for a thing  ;D

Rik

Quote from: Simon on Mar 29, 2008, 20:44:13
That's quite good, but is there a way to store the DNS server addresses, so you can simply switch by selecting the radio button?  When I go back to automatic DNS, the Open entries disappear.

Unfortunately, no. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Quote from: Colin Burns on Mar 30, 2008, 04:24:32
no wonder i post at stupid times in the morning can we not get some more people on at 12 - 6 am when i get infront of my computer :thumb:

Adam's often around at that sort of time, Colin. :)
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: esh on Mar 30, 2008, 00:08:48
If there's anything I hate it's a faulty switch...

We weren't too keen either. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Mar 30, 2008, 02:22:08
Tch...tch.. ;D

I thought you'd be the one to pick it up, In. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Den

Quote from: madasahatter on Mar 30, 2008, 08:41:27
:lol:
and a pin would definitely have been out - not keen on pain of any kind. ;)

:zip: :evil:
Mr Music Man.

Colin Burns

hmmm is there any one to talk to tonight

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Inactive

I was around, but doing something else. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Malc

Quote from: Inactive on Mar 31, 2008, 11:01:29
I was around, but doing something else. ;)

Say no more  :no:

Rik

That's twice today that In's left himself 'open to interpretation', Malc. He's slipping - it must be siesta withdrawal symptoms. :)
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Or the wines not out of his system yet

Malc

The site seems very slow to respond when I press post, is it the site, or is it 'cos I'm at work and using the pipex / toscalli (delete as appropreate) mess?

Rik

It's OK here, Malc.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Testing..  ;)

All OK. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Malc

Stupid question really, I should gave known it would be pipex's fault.

Well, either them or Gordon Brown  :whistle:

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Mar 31, 2008, 11:51:38
That's twice today that In's left himself 'open to interpretation', Malc. He's slipping - it must be siesta withdrawal symptoms. :)

That is in part true Rik, i always take about a week to get back in things..  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Mar 31, 2008, 12:46:54
That is in part true Rik, i always take about a week to get back in things..  ;D

I can believe that, In, the lifestyle change must be very noticeable.
Rik
--------------------

Malc

The difference I find is, is everything happens at pace here compared to (in my case) the Philippines.

Except pipex, of course.

Rik

Pipex happens at pace, Malc. Just a different one...  ::)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Very, very different, I was for instance, walking along the beach this time last week, that was after I had walked around the town looking at the Fallas, afternoon, a visit to Carrefour, no Spanish in shop in afternoon.. ;) .. all having a Siesta.

Then back home, up on to the roof terrace with a cuppa, taking in the fragrance of the orange blossom.

Enough, I am getting 2nd Home Sick already. ;D

Rik

You'll have us all packing to come with you if you're not careful, In. :)
Rik
--------------------