BT Wholesale releases WBC activation dates for first 868 exchanges!

Started by Cookiemonster, Mar 30, 2008, 00:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookiemonster

Just checked over at Samknows and they have the dates and list of the first 868 21CN exchanges to go live!

Check it out...868 Exchanges.

Unfortunately for me my exchange (Balmedie) isn't there, but it can't be far off as nearly all the Aberdeen one's have a date, but seen as mine says Q3 2009 i guess it won't be added till later :bawl:

madasahatter

My exchange is showing WBC as available from May 2009, but no date set for 21CN

Sebby

Excellent! My exchange (Barnet) is due to switch over on 30 June 2008. ;D

esh

CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Baz

what difference will it make for us or is it just BT equipment

madasahatter

As far as I'm aware, the only difference it will make for us is that we should (and note the word should >:D) be able to get faster speed products.

Rik

It means you'll be able to get ADSL2, and hopefully faster services. The latter, though, is very distance dependent.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Mine's there - RFS date set: 18/11/2008.  So, will IDNet be providing these services, as they become available?
Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Lance

Lance
_____

Rik

Don't worry, Lance, it just means there will be a chance the bugs have been ironed out for you. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Mine will be on the 2050 list I guess. :'(

Mind you, Sam Knows has my line down as cable enabled, which it certainly isn't.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Mar 30, 2008, 12:02:54
Don't worry, Lance, it just means there will be a chance the bugs have been ironed out for you. :)

that's a good way of looking at it - mines not due till then. But then, if you look at it that way, pity the poor peeps who get it first  >:D

Rik

Remember the pain of the early days of Max? I'm not rushing to a new BT product until I've read the first 5,000 complaints over on TB. :)
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

I'm still not on max - read about all the troubles and left it well alone! ;D

Rik

It stabilised remarkably quickly, and for me meant 3M rather than 1M.
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

I did look into it again a few weeks ago, but Sebby looked at my stats and we decided that it may not be worth it for what would probably be a small increase in speed.

Quite happy with my rock solid 2M - until yesterday afternoon that is  :(

Rik

Yesterday was a special case. Ironically, it was because of the forum that IDNet had an early warning of the problem and could move to replace the switch as quickly as they did. :)
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Mar 30, 2008, 12:49:20
Yesterday was a special case.

Yep - have to say that's the only problem I've had in nearly 2 years now  :)

Rik

There was Trevor's little sulk, and the small losses with the router upgrades, but I think that's been it.
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

My exchange is down for August. Yay:)

But, ermmmm, What's WBC?

Steve  ???
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

White-cell blood count? ;) BT's new wholesale broadband product, offering ADSL2+ and QoS services nationally.
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

Ahhh - so I'm gonna have to find an extra £20 per month after August because they'll hike the price to IDNet and I can't do without the latest technology.

So why is this a good thing  ;D
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

Because it will enable higher speeds - at least in theory. I'm going to wait and watch, personally...
Rik
--------------------