The arguments have started....

Started by madasahatter, Apr 02, 2008, 03:31:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

Quote from: Tim_idnet on Apr 07, 2008, 17:46:56
Hi All

Just a quick note about IDNet's stance on Phorm, for those particularly concerned about the issue - I can confirm that IDNet will not be employing Phorm's services on our network.

Tim

Thanks Tim, confirmation of that on the IDNet Web Site may be helpful to potential and existing customers. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Sebby

Rik

Yeah, for 'over-zealous' read 'you caught us'.  :mad:
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

Simon

That's the trouble with Wikipedia.  I certainly wouldn't trust it for anything other than trivia.
Simon.
--

madasahatter

Quote from: Sebby on Apr 08, 2008, 19:26:27
Anyone seen this? :eek4:

That's just taking the p$%^ - makes them even more shady than they did before if that were possible. :mad:

Shows they are running scared a bit though, which has got to be good news  :thumb:

madasahatter

Sebby

madasahatter

Not for Phorm though - can't see many peeps actually opting in - can you?  ;D

Sebby

madasahatter

Rik

Actually, I can see people opting in. They'll be the same people who don't think they need anti-virus, and who give out their email addresses on public boards. They probably think they've won lotteries they never entered to.
Rik
--------------------

Captain K

:iagree:  There's no doubt Phorm will sell its services to the customers of the ISP's who sign up, touting various benefits to the service, entry into a prize draw, that sort of thing.  Wouldn't surprise me either if there are a series of tick-boxes much like one online publisher who's PC newsletters I subscribe to, where in order to properly ensure you're "opted out", some of the boxes have to be ticked, some have to be empty.

Call me a cynic, but.....  :whistle:
Bruce.

I don't trust Camels.  Or any other creature that can go a week without a drink.

Rik

I agree with you, Bruce. Not only do they make some opt out and some opt in, but they then use wording which requires careful thought about just what the tick signifies.
Rik
--------------------