pdf bookmarks

Started by somanyholes, Apr 10, 2008, 15:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

somanyholes

Hi All

Just wondered if you have ever come across anything like this. Currently reading some large pdf's (500+pages) with adobe reader 8. Are any of you aware of any ways that I can bookmark pages using this software, as sick of trying to find where i was last time, any alternative software that can do this would be good also? Any thoughts? Have looked around a bit but not really found anything decent.

Cheers

somanyholes

done some more digging, edit, preferences, documents, there is an option to restore last view settings, think this may be as good as it gets, better than it was mind...

Rik

Everything I've seen has cost, it's mainly aimed at the creators. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

somanyholes

seems mean to me, they want you to read books/docs with their software, but won't make life easier for you using their software, no wonder i mutter to myself when using pdf viewers.

Rik

Adobe's investment in the PDF was about bringing in revenue by sales of Acrobat. It was a big loss leader for many years.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

PDF-XChange Viewer is a reader, plus you can draw etc on PDFs. And it's free. :)

somanyholes

Hey Seb

Thanks for the linkie, it looks like it does nearly everything, except it doesn't seem to do bookmarks, this really is crazy, the only tool you need when reading a real book is a bookmark,  and it's the only thing that doesn't seem to be on offered in the digital world.....

Have a karma anyway mate, still looks good  ;D

madasahatter

Quote from: somanyholes on Apr 10, 2008, 15:49:20
i mutter to myself when using pdf viewers.

It's not just when using pdf viewers though is it?  :whistle:

Have to agree with you though, you would have thought someone would have come out with something as simple as a bookmark system for pdfs by now - can't be all that hard.

somanyholes

QuoteIt's not just when using pdf viewers though is it?
busted ;)

you have to mutter to them, otherwise they get lonely :)

madasahatter

Quote from: somanyholes on Apr 11, 2008, 08:44:00

you have to mutter to them, otherwise they get lonely :)

Bless - you're such a thoughful little mouse  :)

madasahatter

somanyholes

whos a clever hoob  ;D thanks mate, your a star, your still not getting a karma though, as you cheated and used google!

:out:

madasahatter

Quote from: somanyholes on Apr 11, 2008, 14:50:14
whos a clever hoob  ;D thanks mate, your a star, your still not getting a karma though, as you cheated and used google!

:out:

errrrrrrr - thus spake somanygoogles himself.  ;D

You'd better run - my hoobhammer is flexed and ready  >:D

You're only sore because you've been googling all day and didn't find anything, and the hoob bet you to it  :whistle:

Malc

madasahatter

Quote from: Malc on Apr 11, 2008, 20:19:03

This is a :karmic: find on behalf of the Hooby Politican Party ;D

Cheers Malc  :)

Note to everyone - see - I don't spend all my time trying to squish the mouse - just most of it  :whistle: