Tiscali sale process to kick off this week

Started by Noreen, Apr 14, 2008, 18:09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Apr 14, 2008, 20:03:14
The reason for the latest TV campaign perhaps must have captured a lot of new people ?

For those that know nothing about the company, it certainly seems like a good deal. But, if you apply the rule that if it seems too good to be true then it is, you should avoid them anyway. :P

plugwash

Quote from: jester212 on Apr 14, 2008, 18:38:53
ANY big UK ISP's that are any good.
SKY are apparently pretty good. If I actually owned the place I lived I would certainly consider thier offers (I like certain pay TV channels as well, in my flat at the moment i'm on virging cable). The main downside of SKY is you have to take a bundle to get thier broadband service but thier bundles look quite attractive.

BE are apparently the fastest broadband (defined here as packages that are affordable to home/small buisness users, not really expensive stuff like leased lines)provider in the country and thier prices aren't too bad either. O2 (be's parent company) also sell be's service under different prices and terms.

All the BT wholesale based providers suffer from the fact that BTs pricing structure means they can't offer a fast unlimited package at a price most people are prepared to pay. So you either get traffic limited packages (e.g. plusnet, IDNETs lower packages), so called unlimited but horriblly congested packages (most of the big BT wholesale based providers) or the occasional very expensive real unlimited package (e.g. IDNET max premium).

SKY and BE being LLU providers don't suffer from this problem.

drummer

Tiswas are now offering a free* wireless router to all existing customers.

Not only is it locked into Tiswas, but most of the user options are disabled.  What a marvellous example of benevolence from an exemplary ISP whose only purpose is to enhance the web experience for all its happy customers (where's that damned sarcasm smiley when you need it?).

*12 month renewal of existing contract applies.
To stay is death but to flee is life.

Inactive

I read somewhere that Vodafone may be interested in Tiswas..  ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Sebby

If Vodafone had anything to do with an ISP, I could see them branding Internet Explorer heavily. Have you seen what they do to their mobiles?!

Rik

Quote from: plugwash on Apr 16, 2008, 21:03:12
All the BT wholesale based providers suffer from the fact that BTs pricing structure means they can't offer a fast unlimited package at a price most people are prepared to pay.

Which is as a result of an Ofcom ruling. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.