Anyone else seeing occasional sluggishness from the forum?

Started by Rik, Apr 18, 2008, 12:49:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I'm wondering if Samson's had a haircut - occasionally, I'm seeing a pause of up to 10 seconds after hitting 'post'.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Simon

I've been getting it with Pals too, and other websites, occasionally.
Simon.
--

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Malc

I'm getting it as well, but I'd out it down to being at work, were we're on poopex.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Ted

No surprise to me, you've obviously broken it from over use ;D :getout:
Ted
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Lance

Usually for me, over my work connection it is all nice and quick!
Lance
_____

Malc

Quote from: Lance on Apr 18, 2008, 13:26:30
Usually for me, over my work connection it is all nice and quick!

Obviously not on Poo-pex / Toscalli then.

Sebby

This is what I've been seeing over the last few weeks, Rik, on lots of sites. I click a link and nothing happens, but clicking it again loads the page instantly. I thought it was my router, hence the reason I bought a new one.

What I can say is it's not DNS as I use OpenDNS and I know you use IDNet's, Rik.

Lance

Quote from: Malc on Apr 18, 2008, 13:27:53
Obviously not on Poo-pex / Toscalli then.

BT, but as part of a £24m a year contract with them :)

Recently the connection has been satuated but we just got some more bandwidth. I ping the bbc @ 3ms!

Lance
_____

krysia

Just happened to me too, when I posted a reply in another thread.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

kinmel

It is happening to me on a few sites today,Thinkbroadband is very slow.

ps  I timed how long it took the original of this post to appear - 11 seconds
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

That's about the delay I'm seeing, Alan, but intermittently.
Rik
--------------------

David

Yes experiencing it here Rik thought it was my machine got slightly worse last half hour but its bearable
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Dopamine

Quote from: Sebby on Apr 18, 2008, 13:31:33
This is what I've been seeing over the last few weeks, Rik, on lots of sites. I click a link and nothing happens, but clicking it again loads the page instantly. I thought it was my router, hence the reason I bought a new one.

I've had identical symptoms too for several weeks. Not regularly enough to be a real problem, but irritating. It seems a different problem from the speed issues I've had, as when the link does open it opens quickly.

I also monitor a couple of binary newsgroups using a Teranews account, downloading headers only. For the last 10 days, the downloads have become painfully slow: 100 or so at a great speed, then a 5 or 10 second pause, then another 100, and so on. Previously, 1000 would come down in one go at my maximum connection speed. No idea whether this is a Teranews problem, or my exchange, or IDNet, but it is similar to the delays being noticed when opening links.

Rik

It doesn't appear to be the server, that was checked yesterday and on Monday. I wonder if this cable which BT are going to repair has anything to do with it?
Rik
--------------------

Sebby