Carphone Warehouse Troubles Continue

Started by Nerval, Nov 02, 2006, 08:27:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerval

BBC Story here.

Many of those people after a free lunch are still waiting:
And it doesn't say how the others are getting on with their "free" product.

It has received 625,000 applications for the (free broadband) service, but about 200,000 broadband customers still remain unconnected.

BassoProfundo

Well that's a surprise isn't it (there's no emoticon for "irony"!)

Love the way CPW are touting it as a "highly successful" launch. Highly successful for whom exactly? For their Marketing department, perhaps, but certainly not for their luckless customers.

Still, they are getting what they have paid for ... they paid nothing, and that's just what they're getting.

Chris

P.S. May I say how good it is to be back  ;D

Nerval

Yes Chris, and then Watchdog or some such covers it and they all go on TV  looking pathetic and  expecting sympathy.  Nasty people didn't give me £50 worth of broadband a month for nothing.  Shame!!

And of course the MD comes on saying it's all wonderful and yes, they did have problems, they were surprised at the uptake !!, but it's all hunky dory now.

Your coming back  must say something about IDNet - hope they don't give me cause to leave.
Connection is fine so far in the fortnight I've been here.

Right, off to see if I can find an unlimited free broadband offer and save £25 a month. :laugh:

stevie0573

Im suprised that some many people fall for it, nothing in life is free and by the time they have worked it out its too late.

The other thing i find shocking (and so many companies do this) is how they say they didnt belive how much demand for their service would be, how can anyone in their right mind say that ??? but then again im sure they didnt belive it in the first place and probably wrote something into small print some where.

Its true now as it ever was "you get what you pay for" and i cant see that ever changing.

stevelondon

Your right and these companies know full well what happens when they add the words "Free" or "Unlimited" in a package they know people will fall for it and come running its greed "bangs newspaper on knee" its greed i tell you.    ::) ;)

maxping

I believe you can now cancel your order if you are one of the many who have been waiting for a long time, without penalty .

stevie0573

Thats nice of them to not charge for a service they wasnt able to supply lol