AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Started by Danni, Nov 07, 2006, 18:13:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Danni

I can't stay connected- it was down for 35 minutes this time.

There's nothing on telly that I want to watch and I'm very slightly addicted to Wikipedia.

Normally when we lose the internet (about 10 times a night- I blame the dodgy phone system we have at the moment) it reconnects within a minute or so. The last couple of days though we are struggling to get reconnected.

I've tried connecting to the BT speedtest (that works fine- the connection, not the speedtest) and trying to reconnect to IDNet, but it makes no difference.

Anyone got any suggestions for tonight? I'll get him downstairs to phone IDNet tomorrow morning (we tried at 5.30pm just in case but no-one there, which is understandable) but I don't want to be netless at the moment.
IDNet Customer (ex-partner's name): 6th January 2006 - 23rd March 2007
IDNet broadband Customer (my name): 11th June 2008 - 21st April 2010

Now with Be for internets, IDNet for phone.

Danni

OK, we managed to stay online for a grand total of 11 minutes before losing it again for 15.

Anyone have any ideas?

rst1978

Same here,  got connected then it died.  Couldn't connect for best part of an hour.  getting "remote server didn't respond in a timely manner etc etc" and "PPP protocol has been terminated"

Listening to the Radio.  Bah.

Danni

It's back- for now. I might not have to watch Trinny and Susannah after all :)

* Danni goes and looks for a backup dialup number

maxping

ergot2005

mmmm sounds bad to what could be i new customer (me)

maxping

Dont worry m8 its the first problem ive had in a year and its not just me so CS will be looking into it.

Bill

Quote from: ergot2005 on Nov 07, 2006, 21:54:21
mmmm sounds bad to what could be i new customer (me)

Don't be too hasty... it's only a few users affected (though obviously a PITA to those users!) and we don't yet know what the cause is....
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Bill

Quote from: Danni on Nov 07, 2006, 19:59:14
* Danni goes and looks for a backup dialup number

I've had no problems so far, but just in case- can someone tell me the dial-up number?

I wrote it down before, then put it somewhere safe  >:( >:(
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

BassoProfundo

Bill

Many thanks, all I have to do now is find the modem  ;)

(I took the PCI one out 'cos I ran out of slots)
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

ebbwvale

Quote from: rst1978 on Nov 07, 2006, 19:54:49
Same here,  got connected then it died.  Couldn't connect for best part of an hour.  getting "remote server didn't respond in a timely manner etc etc" and "PPP protocol has been terminated"

Listening to the Radio.  Bah.

I've been having problems for a week or so now. I've had huge problems in getting connected. I thought at first it could be the modem, but have tried it on someone elses umpoota with another ISP and had no problems. When I eventually get on line, I don't really have too many problems with outages, it's actually getting connected that is proving to be the real pain at the moment.

When I run a diagnostic test on the modem itself when I can't get on, the only part it fails on is PPP, which I'm lead to believe is from an outside source as opposed to an internal problem.

Any ideas folks? I've only been here for a couple of months, but this issue is starting to worry me.

Nerval

Hi
See this thread that is about the same thing.

Essentially, there are authentication problems with BT, which have no known sortout date.  They mean that connecting often takes a very long time,  so once you get connected, it's best to stay connected.

As far as I'm aware, there's no general fault causing the line to disconnect, and this is a separate problem.  I'd suggest you ring CS about it.  It shouldn't happen, and of course the authentication problem makes reconnecting that much harder.

MoHux

What I can't understand is why CS don't give some re-assurance/explanation on the Forums, and give some support to their VERY loyal forum admins, who are trying their best to hold/get THEIR customers.

:(
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Danni

Phoning them is out of the question at the moment- Johny refuses to do it and speech is just too difficult for me today (I'm having a really bad day, and the first thing that goes is communication).

I'm going to try and get things coherent enough to be able to email them, as we're also experiencing a ton of packet loss and timeouts for websites. It's taking 3 or 4 tries for all sites (including this one) to load successfully.