And mine:

Date   08/05/08 14:59:10
Speed Down   83.07 Kbps ( 0.1 Mbps )
Speed Up   371.40 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )
Port   8095
Server   speedtest1.adslguide.org.uk

???

Gary

I'm not with Idnet, Zebrum, but that download result is very low, have you already posted your router stats?
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

zebrum

Quote from: Killhippie on May 08, 2008, 15:07:07
I'm not with Idnet, Zebrum, but that download result is very low, have you already posted your router stats?

yeh stats from yesterday in post #1. My stats today are identical, but today my download speed has halfed, perhaps something to do with a fix attempt:

James: "The IP profile at the moment is currently set at 7mb, i have had BT check the profile manually to make sure the information is completely accurate. However the noise margin is fluctuating quite violently for the last few days, i have had them raise the noise margin slightly to compensate this and stabilize the circuit."

Rik

So are you seeing a lot of errors in the router log?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

zebrum

I'm currently using a Linksys WAG354G which doesn't appear to show any sync details in the logs. I'll switch back to my old router and check its logs which do show that.

Meanwhile James wrote back with this: "I have requested BT turn on interleaving permanently to try and help further with the noise and loss of packets, this will take them 24 hours to complete, can you test this again this time tomorrow and see if the connection improves."

This is an odd thing to say though because I have never seen my router report anything other than Interleaved since I have had IDNet. I expect I have a serious problem that even the interleaving technique hasn't been able to alleviate. Here are a few pings to my default gateway:

64 bytes from 212.69.63.51: icmp_seq=24 ttl=254 time=277.457 ms
64 bytes from 212.69.63.51: icmp_seq=25 ttl=254 time=866.391 ms
64 bytes from 212.69.63.51: icmp_seq=26 ttl=254 time=192.324 ms

Rik

Interleaving is usually on auto, and is switched in and out as required. It can also use several depths, the more interleaving there is, the slower your ping times. It may be that the change from auto to on will also increase the depth.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

D-Dan

This sounds very similar to what I've been going through (check my other threads) - which I finally isolated (after 2 months of checking) to noise. When I contacted IDNet and Miriam spoke to a BT engineer, the diagnosis of noise fluctuations was almost identical, resulting in frequent loss of syncs, and ever slower connections.

You may want to start investigating the noise, and the cause (though trust me - it's a hell of a detective job), then try to remove the problem.

At one point, I was down to a profile of 256k :(

Happily, I'm back to full sync and waiting for my profile to resume iver the next few days.

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's