I'm off to Bournemouth

Started by Rik, May 07, 2008, 15:34:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Malc

Thats were all the pensioners go, isn't it?  :whistle:

madasahatter

Wonder why they chose Bournemouth, when I believe they have the highest concentration of OAPs in the UK?

Rik

Quote from: Malc on May 07, 2008, 15:43:34
Thats were all the pensioners go, isn't it?  :whistle:

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:  ;D I've got an uncle down there, I wonder...  :think:
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: madasahatter on May 07, 2008, 15:44:43
Wonder why they chose Bournemouth, when I believe they have the highest concentration of OAPs in the UK?

I wouldn't have been my first choice, Mad (Milton Keynes would have been!), I suspect this is off the back of the commercial involvement there.
Rik
--------------------

Cookiemonster

Its  :notfair: :notfair: :notfair:....

I want 100Mbps to my house!!

Rik

One day... Of course, by then, the rest of the world will be on terrabit connections. :sigh:
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

Do you have to have the router near you toilets?  ;D
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

I guess they'll be changing the name of the woosh test, Glenn. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

100Mbps fibre... Nice. 8)

Rik

It's hard to imagine, isn't it, but we're talking about running the internet at the same speed as we do a wired LAN (it's going to make 11g look a bit sickly). Online data storage becomes a serious possibility, VoD a doddle, Linux distros in minutes, webcams at serious resolutions. It really would change the way we use the 'net.
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Moves like sh*t in a sewer.

Cookiemonster

Quote from: Rik on May 07, 2008, 19:08:23
It's hard to imagine, isn't it, but we're talking about running the internet at the same speed as we do a wired LAN (it's going to make 11g look a bit sickly). Online data storage becomes a serious possibility, VoD a doddle, Linux distros in minutes, webcams at serious resolutions. It really would change the way we use the 'net.

then again Rik Japan have had this kind of speeds for sometime now so yet again us Brits/Scots ;D ;D are well behind...

Rik

We always are, Jester, except for taxation, where we lead the world.  :mad:
Rik
--------------------

Cookiemonster

Oh yeah you couldn't be more right there.

Sebby

Quote from: Rik on May 07, 2008, 19:08:23

It sounds like bliss. One day... ::)

psp83

Well this takes the p*ss..  :laugh:

I wonder what the FUP or "caps" will be on some ISP's, no names TISCALI...

Upto 100Mbps with a 7gb monthly cap, or in tiscali case. download more than 30mb in one evening and get capped to 56k speeds!!!

Sebby

I thought all Tiscali users have 56k speeds? :P

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on May 07, 2008, 15:34:51
100Mbps fibre to the home.

I noticed the other day that an office block on the other side of town is advertising 100Mbps broadband as one of the advantages of locating there. 

Out here in the sticks I'm struggling to get a reliable 2M at present.  Parrots and sick come to mind...

Rik

I feel your pain. I know what 100Mbps would feel like as my LAN runs at that. Imagining what I could do with that sort of speed from the 'net is the stuff of daydreams.
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Bournemouth  ??? been there did a gig at the BIA, what a weird place, loads of youngsters in hoods and loads of targets, Saying that some of those OAP's may need the extra fibre :whistle:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Ann

We'll all be OAPs tomorrow.. there's nought wrong with catering for me in my old age  :thumb: