Tiscali for £4.49!!!!!!!

Started by Dopamine, May 10, 2008, 17:59:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Dopamine

I'm used to seeing Tiscali advertising their broadband for £6.49 a month, but this plumbs new depths... £4.49 a month for "unlimited" downloads?!

How is this economically viable?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/index_first.html

Cookiemonster

£4.49 with calls too. Otherwise £8.49 for just Broadband. Thats very tempting for some new customers i guess, even tempted myself but given there rep i think I'll stay put!!

Rik

Quote from: Dopamine on May 10, 2008, 17:59:26

It isn't - given that they've never made a profit, none of their packages is. I suspect this is designed to bump subscriber numbers to make the company more attractive to offers. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

gizmo71

It's still overpriced 4.49 anyway! :P
SimRacing.org.uk Director General | Team Shark Online Racing - on the podium since 1993
Up the Mariners!

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Where do I sign,?it sounds brilliant value  :hehe:

A whole company for £4.49 wow
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

madasahatter

Quote from: Dopamine on May 10, 2008, 17:59:26
I'm used to seeing Tiscali advertising their broadband for £6.49 a month, but this plumbs new depths... £4.49 a month for "unlimited" downloads?!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/index_first.html

Ahhh but what they are not telling you is that if you actually use your connection you'll be in big big trouble - that's if you manage to get a working connection in the first place  :whistle:

cavillas

You mean they actually try to connect you to the internet as well! :eek4: :rub: :evil:
------
Alf :)

madasahatter

Quote from: cavillas on May 10, 2008, 19:46:37
You mean they actually try to connect you to the internet as well! :eek4: :rub: :evil:

try being the operative word Alf  ;D

psp83

When i was with them the posty kept tripping over the string he was dragging behind him when he delivered my modem baked bean can.

Simon

The price must be a joke - as is the company!   :D
Simon.
--

David

But if people pay this what would they really expect...any lower and it would be the price of a stamp,the difference being a letter would get there quicker  ;D

Mind you I was paying 6 times this price and I would guess for the same thing so if you look at it this way its a bargain  :clever:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Sebby

Unbelievable. It's so obvious that no company - not even BT themselves - could provide a decent service for that price! The cheaper it gets, the less tempting it is I say. If they actually charged a normal price, one actually might stop and wonder whether they're running services normally. ::)

madasahatter

Quote from: Sebby on May 10, 2008, 23:51:36
Unbelievable. It's so obvious that no company - not even BT themselves - could provide a decent service for that price!

Unfortunately, Sebby, they are not aiming this at peeps who actually know anything - they are aiming this at, and taking advantage of, the millions of peeps who don't know any better, or who can't afford any better. The type of peeps who will sign up with them, and think that their terrible service is pretty much the norm in ISP land. Indeed, those peeps may even laugh at us for paying such a large subscription  ;)

Sebby

Rik

Sadly, there is a sizeable group of people who buy on price and price alone. Not many of them are IDNet customers though. :)
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Quote from: madasahatter on May 11, 2008, 07:10:38
The type of peeps who will sign up with them, and think that their terrible service is pretty much the norm in ISP land. Indeed, those peeps may even laugh at us for paying such a large subscription  ;)
Yes, I've seen that reaction often on other forums. People who say that all ISPs are the same and it doesn't make any difference where you go. ::)

BTW I've just noticed that my spellchecker suggests replacing "Tiscali" with "Fiscal". :laugh:

Rik

Fiasco would have been a better suggestion.  >:D
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Mr Booh

Wouldn't take it up if it was FREE!

Sebby

madasahatter

Must admit that when I was with Tiscali, I was one of the lucky ones - didn't have connection problems or slow speed issues. The main reason I left was because they denied my line was capable of 2M, when I knew from all the checkers that it was.

Sebby

A friend of mine has been moved to Tiscali's LLU network (was on Pipex) and I have to say his speeds seem quite impressive. Perhaps they've improved?

:back:

madasahatter

Quote from: Sebby on May 11, 2008, 13:50:25
Perhaps they've improved?

i wouldn't put any of my hoobypounds on it  ;D

Malc

Quote from: Sebby on May 11, 2008, 13:50:25
and I have to say his speeds seem quite impressive.
:back:

Maybe he has diarrhoea  :bawl: :out: