Tiscali for £4.49!!!!!!!

Started by Dopamine, May 10, 2008, 17:59:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

Even if Tiscali paid me £4.49 a month, I still wouldn't have it!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Noreen

Apparently Carphone Warehouse are offering £550 million for Tiscali. :o

Rik

I wonder what it is about the numbers game - having large numbers of subscribers doesn't guarantee they are profitable.  ???
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Simon

I'm surprised the monopolies commissions haven't got wind of it yet!   ;D
Simon.
--

D-Dan

So let me get this right - I pay £4.99 - and I get Tiscali for that, or I pay nothing, walk around the globe with a note book writing down all the information I encounter and drawing pictures of everything I see, and I get complete unrestricted access to the same information in about the same time?
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Lance

Nope. Your way would be quicker! :)
Lance
_____

Lance

It seems Carphone Warehouse has been excluded by Tscali as a possible buyer.
Lance
_____

Sebby

Maybe they think CPW are too good. :P

Rik

Maybe they saw what happened to AOL. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Noreen

QuoteCarphone Warehouse's telecommunications business could become an acquisition target if it fails to buy Tiscali, the Milan-listed internet company, industry analysts said..................
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2f794520-2110-11dd-a0e6-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Talk about "the law of the jungle"! :laugh:

madasahatter

I can't seem to see that article - it comes up with "You have viewed your allowance of free articles. If you wish to view more, click the button below.". The button below tries to get you to sign up  :(

Rik

So first CPW bid for Tiscali, then, according to the report, "Mr James claims Carphone's next step will be to sell its telecoms business."

That doesn't make sense to me...
Rik
--------------------

bob_s

Its just the first three months then £12.99, one year contract.

It looks like a great offer, so do I just phone idnet to cancel, or do I ask tiscalli help desk to migrate me. ;D

madasahatter

It's OK Bob - the nice men in white coats will be here to pick you up very very soon  ;D

LesD

I would not go back to Tiscali if it was free - no not even if they paid me.   :no:  :no:  :no:
What use is something that does not work!

I was regularly getting under 400 kbps download throughput every evening from before 7 PM until after 10 PM with 200 kbps not being uncommon. At 7 AM it would 2700 kbps but they blamed my kit!  :eek4:

This started from the day I was "upgraded" from my stable 2 Mbps fixed rate package to their up to 8 Mbps ADSLMax package and lasted until the day I migrated to IDNet after which my sanity was slowly but surely restored!  ;D
Regards,

Les.