Zen to increase bandwidth allowances

Started by Tacitus, May 13, 2008, 19:10:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

The way we drive round here, nowhere is. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Dont mention Talk Talk !!

to be honest, I just wish IDNet offerred a 15GB package, that would suit me just fine.

James

Rik

How would you price that, though, James?
Rik
--------------------

Quote from: Rik on May 17, 2008, 19:55:31
How would you price that, though, James?

£16.99 per month rik.

James

Simon

So, you want them to upgrade the current £17.99 per month package by 10Gb, and reduce the price, James?  Hmm...  the words    spring to mind.  ;)
Simon.
--

MoHux

Vote ............. James for President!!  :laugh:

Mo
:)
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

madasahatter

Quote from: Simon on May 17, 2008, 21:23:43
So, you want them to upgrade the current £17.99 per month package by 10Gb, and reduce the price, James?  Hmm...  the words    spring to mind.  ;)

spoilsport  ;D

Quote from: Simon on May 17, 2008, 21:23:43

personally, i think 5GB package for £17.99 is unforgiving to loyal customers, thats just my view. a 15GB package at that price would, im sure, be seen as a very attractive offerring from idnet and it certainly accomodates the middle ground downloader.

if it were my call, id suggest idnet should offer products within the following confines

5GB.................Light User
15GB...............Moderate User
30GB...............Heavy User
50GB...............Max User

Covers all the bases and ticks all the boxes. With appropriate pricing.................why not ?

What do you think  guys ?

James :thumb:

Sebby

I wouldn't say 30GB is a heavy user, James, but I do take your point about the allowance on the £17.99 package. I think a 15GB allowance and reducing the price is unrealistic, but I do think it would be a more attractive deal if the allowance was, say, 10GB.

But it's important to look at other factors apart from just allowance. Uploads aren't included, speeds are consistent (BT issues aside), the allowance can be used on- or off-peak... there aren't many other ISPs you could say that for. It's really another case of you get what you pay for, but as I mentioned above, I do think your point about the allowance on Home Lite is understandable.

Rik

I'm sure IDNet could do the package James suggests. In order to finance it, though, support would have to move offshore, and the freebies would probably become extras at a cost. They'd also need to make better use of their centrals, so congestion would start to become an issue at peak times.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Absolutely, Rik, which is precisely what I mean when I say it's not all about allowance. :)

Rik

Yup. Typically, an IDNet customer is looking to buy quality, not quantity.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Exactly. The first time I saw IDNet's prices, I never would have thought I'd one day be a customer, but then the penny drops. :)

Simon

As Sebby said, we get what we pay for with IDNet, which is a reliable, fast, internet connection, scaled on a business footing sustainable to the company.  Lest we forget, they are here to run a business and make a profit, and we all choose to come here, because we know that the service and support we receive is second to none.

My view is that if the allowances or price structure of IDNet don't suit, then there are plenty of other ISPs to look at, and we really can't expect IDNet to change to whatever suits us.  That said, I can see an argument for a 'middle ground' package, of say, a 10Gb allowance for £20.99 per month, but to expect a significantly higher allowance for less money, is plainly unrealistic.
Simon.
--