Mozilla phancies doing a Phorm

Started by Noreen, May 19, 2008, 18:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

madasahatter

Quote from: scook94 on May 22, 2008, 21:50:44
the first line of defence...?

http://www.dephormation.org.uk/

Still doesn't stop them collecting your data though - just kind of muddies the waters.

Inactive

Quote from: Lance on May 19, 2008, 21:22:41
Well, IE7 was a step in the right direction, so IE8 should be almost there!

Not for me it wasn't, I still use IE6 when not using FF or Opera, I think IE7 was a retrograde move.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

madasahatter

Don't you miss the multi tabbed browsing In? I certainly do on the odd time I use IE6 now

Rik

Quote from: madasahatter on May 23, 2008, 06:32:06
I'm sure that I wouldn't trust it Simon - it'd be back to Opera for me before you could say hoobygalooby  :)

Same here.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Quote from: madasahatter on May 23, 2008, 10:40:51
Don't you miss the multi tabbed browsing In? I certainly do on the odd time I use IE6 now

I don't miss anything about IE7 to be honest Mad, I just could not get on with it, I rarely use IE anyway, only when FF or Opera will not function.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

LesD

Quote from: Inactive on May 23, 2008, 10:37:06
Not for me it wasn't, I still use IE6 when not using FF or Opera, I think IE7 was a retrograde move.

This mystifies me!

If you stick the "File  Edit  View  Favorites  Tools  Help" bar back at the top of IE7 in essence it is IE6 with tabs.
Then you can ignore the fancy Star and that Star with a Plus over it and carry on as normal.

I never understood the fuss about tabs. I had them for years with IE6 (and still do at work). Just open up a numbers of instances of IE6 and the "tabs" appear on the Taskbar and if your get too many they just stack up nice and vertically in a pick menu. It is all a matter of what you get used to and become familiar and comfortable with, along with personal likes and dislikes mixed in along the way in my humble opinion.
Everyone to his own preference, as they say it is a good job we are not all the same.  ;)
Regards,

Les.

Inactive

I suppose my main reason for not getting on with IE7 is the fact that nothing at the top of it is/was where I expected it to be, so I couldn't be bothered with it.

IE6 does what I need on the rare occasion that I use it.

LesD

Quote from: Inactive on May 23, 2008, 16:10:13
I suppose my main reason for not getting on with IE7 is the fact that nothing at the top of it is/was where I expected it to be,

Right click in space to the right of the tabs and tick Menu Bar and back comes that bit at the top that you expected to see. QED

I did not like IE7 to begin with until I fixed the top but now I switch between IE7 at home and IE6 at work seamlessly.  :)

Never having bothered with any of the others, other than Netscape on the old UNIX boxes at work, I have never missed them. The little flirtation I had with Firefox when I tried Ubuntu Linux the other day left me wondering what all the fuss was about if I am honest.  :shrug:

Regards,

Les.

Rik

Much of Firefox's strength comes from the addons, Les, which allow a user to make it their own ideal browser, at least, imo.
Rik
--------------------

LesD

Quote from: Rik on May 23, 2008, 16:38:45
Much of Firefox's strength comes from the addons, Les, which allow a user to make it their own ideal browser, at least, imo.

Ah I see. Who makes the addons? Are they secure?
Regards,

Les.

Inactive

Quote from: LesD on May 23, 2008, 16:35:08
Right click in space to the right of the tabs and tick Menu Bar and back comes that bit at the top that you expected to see. QED

Thanks Les, but to be honest, I far prefer Firefox, I only ever use IE if I am forced to use it, so IE6 does all that I need, if Microsoft cannot put the basic functions where I expect to find them, then stuff their browser. ;)

Rik

Quote from: LesD on May 23, 2008, 16:50:20
Ah I see. Who makes the addons? Are they secure?

They come from the same open source community as the browser, most seem to be vetted by Mozilla.
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Inactive on May 23, 2008, 16:52:26
if Microsoft cannot put the basic functions where I expect to find them, then stuff their browser. ;)

your attitude does you credit Sir - damn those MS peeps  ;D

Inactive

Gary

Opera the browser that does not work on my banking site, and a few others without more twists and turns than a rattle snake after its prey is also getting to be bloatware, if Mozilla go this way I'll go back to IE7 on Vista in protected mode, stuff masking sites to fit and having my browsing looked at by FF. This will just mean MS own the browser market once more  :shake:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Inactive

Change banks Gary..  ;D  Opera works OK with my bank.