Telecoms in Europe seek acquisitions

Started by Noreen, May 06, 2008, 11:01:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

They are just buying their mug customer base, many stitched in to long contracts, many not knowing any better. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

But if they are losing money on those customers, what do they gain?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

Increase prices at the drop of a hat, offer them a " deal " on their mobile phone set up as a sweetener to stay, other than that, like you, I have no idea. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Jun 04, 2008, 10:24:54
But if they are losing money on those customers, what do they gain?

I think in the case of Vodafone it's a ready made customer base to sell their moby contracts etc to

Rik

That's the only thing which makes sense, Mad, with the long-term aim of being able to sell complete packages.
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

I often wondered why Vodafone hadn't until now gone down this route as Orange and O2 have. I suppose doing it this way they don't have any of the network start up costs - it's all there ready and waiting for them. :clever:

Rik

Rik
--------------------