Bye bye Demon

Started by sobranie, Oct 26, 2006, 20:32:44

Previous topic - Next topic

sobranie

maxping

QuoteSorry your request cannot be processed at the moment. Please try again later
???

Nerval

Well, the article says:

The consolidation of the UK broadband market continues apace with the news that Thus  has put Demon Internet's consumer business up for sale.

The Scotland-based telecommunications company is expected to get between £15 and £20 million forom the sale of the ISP it bought for £66.6 million in 1998. Demon was the one of the first UK

ISPS and had 180,000 dial-up users when Thus acquired it. It now has around 50,000 ADSL subscribers, far fewer than the industry's leading providers.

The decline in value and customers doesn't look as though they ran the thing well, does it?  No doubt somebody will be retired on a pension of £1 million a year to punish them for it. :banana2:

quandam

Heard rumours that BT are eyeing up Pipex is there any truth in this?

sobranie

Little snippet here;

Shares in Pipex Communications surged as much as 8 percent on Monday, boosted by a report that larger rival BT Group was planning a 350 million-pound bid for the broadband provider.

Both BT and Pipex offered no comment on the report in the Business newspaper on Sunday, which said the top fixed-line telecoms provider would announce its move alongside its third-quarter results on Thursday.

Pipex shares were 5.4 percent higher at 14 pence by 10:20 a.m., valuing the UK's fifth largest broadband Internet provider at around 324 million pounds.

Scott

oh dear...serious schadenfreude here guys...all the guys that defended/stuck with F2s through their abysmal dip last year...how godsdamn funny would it be for them to end up in BT's fold ?

I'd wee myself if that news broke  ;D
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

maxping

As a X F2S sufferer i would say they would be better off with BT than the shower of **** that they are with now and who ruined a once great  ISP.

spiral

Quote from: maxping on Oct 29, 2006, 20:32:14
As a X F2S sufferer i would say they would be better off with BT than the shower of **** that they are with now and who ruined a once great  ISP.

I have to agree with max here, although they have managed to ruin 3 great ISP's not just F2S, BT could only do better.
If you keep repeating a lie, keep repeating a lie for long enough it will become truth.

mk2rx

Hi
I've just migrated from F2S on the 2nd, and considering the state F2S is in at the moment and the fact that it now seems to be run by Nildram staff, i suspect any takeover would see an end to F2S as a brand with it being merged into Nildram (unless Pipex do it first)...

maxping

Hi MK and welcome to the forums.

To be honest I'm surprised the F2S name lasted as long as it has.

mk2rx

Thanks

QuoteTo be honest I'm surprised the F2S name lasted as long as it has.

I agree F2S do seem to be the poor cousin of the Pipex group...