How Long 2 ???

Started by Inactive, Nov 17, 2006, 10:39:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Inactive

...get email connected please ??

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Nerval

Ring them up and they can do it while you wait, I gather.

Inactive

Thanks Nerval, I registered an e mail address on the IDNet Site yesterday, however it is just sitting there stating " being processed ", no great rush, I was just curious.

Thanks again.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Nerval

I think they took a couple of days to do mine after I moved, but I wasn't in a rush either - I use Gmail for practically everything.

MoHux

Quote from: Nerval on Nov 17, 2006, 13:51:20
I think they took a couple of days to do mine after I moved, but I wasn't in a rush either - I use Gmail for practically everything.

As a matter of interest Nerval, is GMail generally accepted these days?  Or do some places refuse to register a GMail addy?
I ask because I hardly ever use mine.

:)
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Nerval

There's one or two that won't take it - Tesco won't, ebay/paypal won't, and the odd forum, but I use it for all my normal emails to/from people and all the other sites I'm signed up with.
It's down as my default email in OE since Plusnet started losing/delaying mail by a day or two, and Gmail keeps a copy as well which is handy sometimes.

I use 3 or 4 main Gmail addresses and get OE to check them each time.

It won't take an .exe file, even zipped,  unless you disguise it as something else, but I don't send many of those anyway.

Hotmail is rejected by a lot of places, but Gmail by far fewer.

Inactive

Quote from: Nerval on Nov 17, 2006, 16:42:15

Hotmail is rejected by a lot of places, but Gmail by far fewer.

Hoorah, got my IDnet e mail address sorted.

I have to disagree with you re; the Hotmail acceptance, I use mine on eBay and for Paypal, never ever had it rejected by any retailer, only at a couple of picky forums.

maxping

I use a free yahoo email addy for EBay.

MoHux

"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."